lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2016, 09:20 PM   #1
VBBaitBoy
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 DS jerking, reduced power, now not running

Bought a used A92, lifted one year ago for Dad to use to get out hunting as he is older and not walking well. Cart ran great last fall. Then had a very intermittent problem where it would not go at all. If you played with F&R, and accelerator for a minute it would go again. Cart sat over winter. Ran once in spring and it seemed low in power. Two weeks ago intermittent problem of not going showed again. Took dash out had loose wire on key switch. Cart ran but very low in power. The next morning the cart jerked hard trying to accelerate. Solenoid would click and not go. Not clicking and of course not moving. Solenoid would click and I would have to play with the F&R to find a "sweetspot" to get it to go but it would jerk at take off before going and seemed weak on power. Batteries were 7 years old so replaced them this weekend and battery cables thinking low voltage problem. Cart would not go. Solenoid would click and not go. Had to play with F&R to get to go but still seemed very low in power/speed even with fully charged brand new batteries. Took apart and cleaned V glide which needed it thinking this was source of power/speed issue. Solenoid would not click after cleaning. Played with F&R for "sweetspot", solenoid clicked maybe three different times and never moved. Now just dead. Could I have killed the V glide somehow? Since then I:
-took apart and cleaned the F&R which really needed it but seems mechanically sound. Has three mirco switches which tested for continuity
-tested micro switch in V glide for continuity
-attempted to jump solenoid on large posts-no luck
-tested solenoid at small posts in forward and reverse key on pedal down and got no voltage.
-tested key switch which tested okay
The cart just seemed to die after I cleaned the Vglide. Could that be the source of low power, jerking, and solenoid clicking not going, then just not clicking at all? After trying to jump the solenoid and then getting no voltage I don't think power now even getting to the solenoid. This cart has a controller. I don't have coils and there is just the one solenoid. I appreciate any feedback. Unfortunately the cart is two hours from me at the property where dad hunts. I just want to get him going again ASAP. Thank you!
VBBaitBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2016, 06:26 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 92 DS jerking, reduced power, now not running

sounds like melted f/r switch
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:31 AM   #3
VBBaitBoy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
sounds like melted f/r switch
Thank you for the reply. What do you mean by melted? When I removed the switch from the cart it appeared very mechanically simple. There are two horizontal copper contacts that were very dirty that I cleaned. Then I cleaned the two copper "nuts" (for lack of better description) that rotate and make contact with the horizontal contacts when the switch is move in F or R. I didn't see where anything was melted. Only other piece I could see going bad on that switch is the mirco switches and they seemed to test okay. Are there more guts to this switch that could as you say melt or break that I couldn't see? It appeared pretty simple and solid. I actually wondered after looking at it would could possibly break on this particular switch. Thank you again.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:38 PM   #4
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would test motor first take the motor cables off not at motor but where there connected mark them so they go back where they came from clamp a2 and s1 together take a1 to postive and s2 to negative with the back axle jacked off the ground so tires can spin you only need 12 to 18 volts to testyou can use jumper car cables if it checks out you need to back track the voltage problem
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:29 AM   #5
VBBaitBoy
Not Yet Wild

Roxyflash, I will try that idea. Thank you. I had someone tell be low voltage at the key switch might cause these issues. Could low voltage at the key switch cause this?

Tags
solenoid not clicking, v glide
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car