lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2017, 01:17 PM   #1
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2000.5 48 volt CC DS series will not go

I have a 2000.5 48 volt CC DS series. 2 gauge cables Alltrex AXE4844 controller plum quick assassin motor. It has heavy duty solenoid and F&R switch. I've been having an intermittent problem that has be come not intermittent. It started with sometimes when you let off the go pedal like to go into a turn when you pressed the go pedal exiting the turn it would not respond. If you came to a stop and then pressed it then it would go. Later turned in to sometimes when you would get in to go and pressed the pedal it would not respond but if you pumped the pedal then it would go and work normally. sometimes it would not go in forward but would in reverse or visa versa. Now it is just completely dead will not go at all. Batteries are a couple of months old and charged and in good condition. Solenoid clicks when pressing pedal ( I also tried jumping the solenoid with no luck). I replaced the battery cables as I had gotten some corrosion when the old batteries went bad and cart was in storage and that had damaged some of the lugs. I also replaced the heavy duty F&R switch with a new one from Scottyb. I noticed that the LED on the controller is not lit. So I'm wondering if I have a bad controller or a bad key switch. I'm not sure how to test either if anybody can help suggest how to test these two theories I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
jedotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2017, 03:13 PM   #2
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000.5 48 volt CC DS series will not go

Update, I checked the voltage at pin 1 on the controller. I get pack voltage when pedal is depressed if the key is switched on and do not if the key is turned off so it appears the key switch is functioning correctly. I also looked on Alltrax website and found a diode test for the controller. I performed the test and the controller passed the test. Now I'm really confused. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

I had a buggie do something like that. It would go ,but when I let off pedal and pressed it again it would not go. Wait a minute it would go.
It was a bad precharge resistor on my solenoid.
I'm leaning more toward a loose connection
Make sure you have voltage at the big lug on solenoid.
If so,put cart on jackstands, step on pedal and check voltage on other solenoid lug, you should have voltage there. If not, it's a bad solenoid.
If so, check all you connections on motor, controller and f/r switch.
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #4
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the response Muddog. I did check all of the connections and did not find anything out of the ordinary. I could not check the voltage across the solenoid as I had disconnected pack voltage so that I could pull the controller to bench test.
So the controller was not powering on in the cart but on the bench it powers up. Since I appeared to have the correct voltage going to pin 1 from the key switch and throttle press I'm assuming I'm not getting ground from the OBC when it is in the cart and that is my problem. Work has gotten in the way of me testing this theory but in a few days I should be able to put the controller back in the cart and I'll post what I find.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A friend was having a similar problem with an AXE control and it turned out the #1 pin was intermittently loosing connection to the control board = not powering up the control. not sure if you can arrange to look at the control when the pedal is not responding but the LED would indicate no power. Of course it could be a F&R micro switch or pedal device micro switch problem giving the same result... good luck - intermittent problems are the hardest to find.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:50 AM   #6
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

MCOR issues ?
Or
Does it have a Vglide?
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:00 PM   #7
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golferdave View Post
MCOR issues ?
Or
Does it have a Vglide?
Vglide
Old 03-06-2017, 12:13 PM   #8
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: 2000.5 48 volt CC DS series will not go

Vgildes can be cleaned and if you got into any water or washed the battery compartment they don't like water...😎
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:32 AM   #9
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
Vgildes can be cleaned and if you got into any water or washed the battery compartment they don't like water...😎
Thanks for the suggestion, Boss. I have previously cleaned the contacts in the vglide and no water has been in the area of the vglide. I'm pretty sure the issue is the controller is not powering on. I'm not exactly clear on how it gets powered on. Should it be on as long as the key is on, or is it powered on as the pedal is pushed. I've read that the OBC some how is involved and has some control over the controller but I'm not sure how that works. If anyone can enlighten me on how this works and how I can test, I would be very appreciative.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #10
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

Low amp Power to the controller:
B+ to key Sw, thru to micro Sw in the Vglide , thru to micro Sw on the F&R Sw
Thru To pin 1 (terminal "a" on stock controller ) & to solenoid small terminal

If solenoid clicking, ( the same signal turns on the controller)
controller "should" be getting batt volts & be "on"

This is 36 v schematic, but 48 is similar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (82.8 KB, 0 views)
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car