lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2017, 09:17 PM   #31
kpauley
Gone Wild

Default Re: Guidance on cart selection please

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Curious. What kind of farm is quiet? Around here unless you are doing absolutely nothing productive there is always something running or at least fans in the barn.
Hobby farm...we have animals, 12 acres. Horse, mule and some donkeys to clean up after....
kpauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2017, 09:19 PM   #32
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:35 PM   #33
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Oh, with that kinda weight you should be able to do it with a Rxv no problem, if a couple guidelines are kept in mind. 1- Don't park going up steep hills (zero rpm torque is not quite like a old series TXT). 2- Don't mash brake pedal to the floor to stop (unless you have too), ease on the brake. 3- Never turn key off while still in motion (especially if hauling weight). The Rxv brake has a totally different feel from any cart you have ever driven. During normal driving, I "tap the brake pedal" a time or two to tell the cart I want to slow down, it pretty much does the rest (especially at lower speeds). Its brakes have a feel I would describe as "twisting up a strong rubber band", at first it is easy, but the more/longer you press the pedal, the rubber band gets twisted tighter & tighter. Test drive one & you will know what I mean. The benefit of this is that all the braking energy gets put back in the battery as a recharge.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:13 PM   #34
kpauley
Gone Wild

Resurrecting this thread of my own :-)

I know it was mentioned that 2013 and newer is the way to go with this. But I came across a pretty darn clean 2010 model. They bought it from a dealer that refurbishes them in 2014, at that point new Trojan batteries were put in. All they have used the cart for is to haul garbage cans up and down the driveway, they moved and don't have that issue anymore. Looks like a refurbed golf course unit from what I'm seeing in the pics.

I haven't gone to look at it, wanted to get thoughts on if I should or not based on the corrosion and other comments that were mentioned regarding pre-2013's.

They are asking $2100 (california cart...)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21034342_1713906518628730_431834251161671192_n.jpg (136.7 KB, 0 views)
kpauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO