lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2017, 06:22 PM   #1
93-306
Gone Wild

Default Beating my head against the wall..PDS is dead

I've checked the following
Micro switch
F/r switch on dash
Key switch
Installed used controller from member on here

It won't do anything. No solenoid click or anything. I've checked all the wires that are supposed to have voltage per JohnnyB's posts. Only other thing I could think is the ITS maybe? Not quite sure how to check it. Thanks in advance for the help
93-306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2017, 07:32 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Beating my head against the wall..PDS is dead

ITS test per the manual
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS ITS.jpg (292.4 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:54 PM   #3
93-306
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
ITS test per the manual
Will it still do so if the solenoid isn't clicking? My solenoid isn't Clicking unless I jump out the coil then when I do so the cart still won't move when I press the pedal
Old 04-16-2017, 09:40 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93-306 View Post
I've checked the following
Micro switch
F/r switch on dash
Key switch
Installed used controller from member on here

It won't do anything. No solenoid click or anything. I've checked all the wires that are supposed to have voltage per JohnnyB's posts. Only other thing I could think is the ITS maybe? Not quite sure how to check it. Thanks in advance for the help
If the solenoid doesn't click, whether the ITS is working or not is a moot point.

With the Run/Tow switch in the Run position, push the cart by hand. The solenoid ought to click and the beeper ought to beep rapidly.

If not, the controller is not powered up.

Check for FULL battery pack voltage (~38.2V) on J1 Pins 4 & 5 and on all four pins of J3.

Also, when cart is ready to drive except for pedal being pushed, what is the voltage on the yellow wire attached to one of the solenoid's small studs?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #5
93-306
Gone Wild

Went back out and looked some more. Mistakenly made it send me a code. I didn't know the Cart would do that. I use to my Marathon. Have me a 1-4 code high pedal switch. I'm now thinking more and more I have a bad ITS. Also read when another fella on the boards had the exact same issue
Old 04-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93-306 View Post
Went back out and looked some more. Mistakenly made it send me a code. I didn't know the Cart would do that. I use to my Marathon. Have me a 1-4 code high pedal switch. I'm now thinking more and more I have a bad ITS. Also read when another fella on the boards had the exact same issue
That code means the pedal switch contacts are not opening when your foot is removed from the throttle pedal.

Could be debris blocking the pedal from returning to the up position, or weak return spring, or bad pedal switch, or cross-talk between pins in in-line connector between cable from pedal box and cart wiring harness.

Please note that the ITS is not among the possibilities listed on the PDS label. (Attached)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-16-2017, 12:37 PM   #7
93-306
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
That code means the pedal switch contacts are not opening when your foot is removed from the throttle pedal.

Could be debris blocking the pedal from returning to the up position, or weak return spring, or bad pedal switch, or cross-talk between pins in in-line connector between cable from pedal box and cart wiring harness.

Please note that the ITS is not among the possibilities listed on the PDS label. (Attached)
I totally agree but it's the only thing left. I've checked everything multiple times over have the pedal box open and don't see any visible issues besides looking as if it's been wet before. It's not my cart it's my cousins cart that sits at the lake all the time directly in the element.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:19 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm just trying to save you (or your cousin) about $50.

Personally, I'd check for proper voltages at J4 Pin-1 before I sprung for an ITS sensor.

With pedal down, it will have battery pack voltage (~38.2V) and with pedal up, it has to be close to 0.0V, or you get a HPD error.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:21 PM   #9
93-306
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I'm just trying to save you (or your cousin) about $50.

Personally, I'd check for proper voltages at J4 Pin-1 before I sprung for an ITS sensor.

With pedal down, it will have battery pack voltage (~38.2V) and with pedal up, it has to be close to 0.0V, or you get a HPD error.
Man I appreciate everything. Pedal up 0 pedal down is 33.92. Pack voltage is 38.16.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:51 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That pretty much eliminates the pedal switch input.

What are the ITS voltages on J4 Pin-4 and Pin-3?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS ITS check-1.JPG (31.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS ITS check-2.JPG (92.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO