lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2017, 10:33 PM   #1
cjcolbyjack
Not Yet Wild

Default Which programmer for rxv 48v

So I googled my cart which is a 2009 rxv48v. The programmer that popped up was the 627350 Curtis 1313. So $700 later And there is no way to connect it to my cart. I think my cart is a lemon or built during a bad year and month. I am even having problems with finding an engine brake because mine has a handle or lever on it, but that's another thread. So back to my worthless programmer. I need the one that connects under the cup holder 9pin. I found another controller83-83A21150A that fits. Is there an adapter I can get to make mine work? This site has been incredible for info. Thank you so much for putting this out there and thanks to all the people that help guys like me out...newbie
cjcolbyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2017, 02:39 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which programmer for rxv 48v

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcolbyjack View Post
So I googled my cart which is a 2009 rxv48v. The programmer that popped up was the 627350 Curtis 1313. So $700 later And there is no way to connect it to my cart. I think my cart is a lemon or built during a bad year and month. I am even having problems with finding an engine brake because mine has a handle or lever on it, but that's another thread. So back to my worthless programmer. I need the one that connects under the cup holder 9pin. I found another controller83-83A21150A that fits. Is there an adapter I can get to make mine work? This site has been incredible for info. Thank you so much for putting this out there and thanks to all the people that help guys like me out...newbie
The 2009 RXV uses a Danaher controller. E-Z-GO started using Curtis controllers in late Feb (23rd) of 2012. There is no adapter or converter to adapt a Curtis programmer/handset (Inverted TTL Serial) protocol to the Danaher RXV (CAN Bus) protocol. Not only are the protocols different, but the menus and capabilities are much different. The Curtis controller is much more complex and has a lot more features and capabilities.

You can upgrade your RXV to the Curtis controller, if you wish. I posted the information and sources for the controller and other parts.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ocumented.html

New Curtis controller conversion kit link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172633567931

Whether you upgrade the controller or not, you can replace that obsolete Motor Brake that has a lever, with the modern one without a lever.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262816017004

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:10 AM   #3
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Unfortunately it is as Bob says. They're two different animals, the Danaher handset as also way more expensive, probably more around $900~1100 from what I have seen in the past.

http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/RXV-Handset-Manual.pdf
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:36 AM   #4
cjcolbyjack
Not Yet Wild

Wow! Thanks everyone!
cjcolbyjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
614400, 627350, handheld
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO