lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2017, 08:46 PM   #21
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Changing cart speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but when you say heavy loads, what does that mean in laymen terms?

Also I did a little reading up on that Alltrax and in some places it says all of them require a HD solenoid upgrade.

For me this might be the perfect solution. I need the torque mostly, but would like to go beyond 15mph (code 3) at times. Like the regen part of the IQ system also. Got a few hills to deal with.
Yeah, I agree. I'm not going to bother with the speed magnet because I like the regenerative braking and I don't want to lose it. I'm also not going to bother with the change of code because I don't think you get enough from it for the cost.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2017, 09:29 PM   #22
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Posted by me

Excuse my ignorance, but when you say heavy loads, what does that mean in laymen terms?

Also I did a little reading up on that Alltrax and in some places it says all of them require a HD solenoid upgrade.

For me this might be the perfect solution. I need the torque mostly, but would like to go beyond 15mph (code 3) at times. Like the regen part of the IQ system also. Got a few hills to deal with.

Yawood's reply

Yeah, I agree. I'm not going to bother with the speed magnet because I like the regenerative braking and I don't want to lose it. I'm also not going to bother with the change of code because I don't think you get enough from it for the cost..
This was a good thread for me. It took me to the Alltrax website, then onto their PDF documents. This one I found educational and put it into laymen's terms what a "heavy load" is. Good to understand this stuff, and not just rely on others that may have different requirements.

Controllers for Dummies

and

Alltrax PDF's
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:48 PM   #23
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
This was a good thread for me. It took me to the Alltrax website, then onto their PDF documents. This one I found educational and put it into laymen's terms what a "heavy load" is. Good to understand this stuff, and not just rely on others that may have different requirements.

Controllers for Dummies

and

Alltrax PDF's
Excellent. Thanks for those links. I am like you in that I want to know the reason behind things so that I can apply the knowledge to my particular requirements.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:22 PM   #24
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
Excellent. Thanks for those links. I am like you in that I want to know the reason behind things so that I can apply the knowledge to my particular requirements.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:12 AM   #25
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
Yeah, I agree. I'm not going to bother with the speed magnet because I like the regenerative braking and I don't want to lose it. I'm also not going to bother with the change of code because I don't think you get enough from it for the cost.
I have been labouring under the misapprehension that I had a PQ cart - I'm not sure why. When I looked at the serial number again it is a PH cart so it is an Excel.

It's lucky I wasn't interested in the magnet then, because it would not have fitted my cart. I've decided that when the time is right I'll get an Alltrax 300 from David or Scotty and install the toggle switch so that I can switch between speed and torque priority. That will do me nicely.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:05 AM   #26
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sounds like you have a good plan going there. Always good to do your homework up front, and get it right the first time.

As we use to joke about when guys would get in a hurry on a job. There's never enough time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car