lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2017, 09:56 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Excel Precedent to fast??? Burnt motor out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCLT View Post
Hi David, agreed that the Alltrax looks like the way to go. I've read so much the past four days, I can't remember who said what, but you, Scottyb & Sergio all have very sound advice. That's not to so say that others don't, it just seems that when someone is really deep in the weeds you three seem to bring the light of clarity to the problem. The dealer called "Red Hawk" to order the motor, while I was standing there, and gave them my cart S/N# and they said this motor would work. Perhaps they swap in a stock magnet before they ship it. Hopefully they do anyway. As I said I'm not 100% sure what I have. I know that my cart would slow down by what I would call medium Regen in certain speed ranges as noted in a previous post. It did not limit top end on level or down hill. Is this indicative on a speed magnet on an Excel cart? So many questions, so many options, so little knowledge on my part.
I can assure you, they didn't swap in a stock magnet before they shipped it. RedHawk receives these motors from their vendors already boxed up. The last thing they're going to do is open one up and modify it. Take my word on this, it's not going to work unless you put your old magnet in it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2017, 09:16 AM   #12
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

TahoeDawg - Thanks for the heads up. I do have my stock, or should I say "original" magnet. Based on what I've read here it must be a stock magnet since it was working on my Excel cart. Still haven't figured out how my cart was so fast for a stock motor other that code 4 and speed limit disabled I guess. Haven't heard back yet from the dealer so hoping he's just busy and not having problems. Will stop by his shop around lunchtime to bug, err motivate, him some more. He promised to put his scanner/programer on my controller...
SCCLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:37 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I still think is unlikely the original controller is working based on the motor damage.

Can you get the model # of the original controller, it may not even be an Excell controller.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:20 PM   #14
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, stopped by to see dealer and sure enough it looks like the control is shot... ****
Dealer said that he still wanted to try a known good one first thing tomorrow just to be sure nothing else is wrong.
Sergio - Haven't had eyes on the controller yet as the batteries are still installed and the cart has the rear seat and canopy. As soon as I do though I will upload the numbers.
Dealer charged me his cost for the motor. Assume/hoping that he is going to do the same for the controller, solenoid, & cables. He has a DS model on the lot that has the Alltrax controller installed and it's a very nice ride even with less that fully charged batteries. Very smooth throttle response.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:40 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure You get the new Altrax XCT not the old DCX.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:30 PM   #16
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Excel Precedent to fast??? Burnt motor out

YES- XCT!!! [emoji106]
Loaner stock controller works. Cart now does 22 mph with Admiral MOT-A2 motor. Forgot to ask if dealer put in a stock magnet.

Burnt controller was a stock looking # 1515-5201.
S/N 09281P:026752

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2017, 08:37 PM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It does 22 MPH with a stock 1515 controller? Sergio, care to shed some light on this? All Admiral motors have a 4 pole magnet, and we well know that a 4 pole magnet won't work on a 1515 Excel car.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:23 PM   #18
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm sorry TahoeDawgZ71,,, It's a stock Curtis 1515 box... with speed code 4 installed I'd guess. Again, I don't know for sure if it has code 4, as this is a loaner controller out of a dealers cart that he is rebuilding to sell.

I do know that the owner said that he only had one cart on the lot with an "aftermarket controller" and that was a CC model DS, year unknown by me. He said, "You know, one of those "blue controllers", I think it's an Amtrax". I offered that maybe it's an Alltrax and he said yeah, maybe. He's offered to install for free whatever I buy. Said that he wants to see me whole again and I think he's really interested in how it will perform after the upgrade. I thanked him for his offer, and for the loaner controller, but told him that I wanted to do this upgrade myself. I promised that I would return his controller Tuesday, after Monday's parade, and that I'd let him drive it after the upgrade was done. He advised be to be sure to put the cart in tow and disconnect both battery cables before I do anything near the controller.

I didn't get a chance today to contact David & Scotty. And I suspect that they are closed until Tuesday of next week due to Monday's holiday, but I will be sending each of them an email ASAP. To tired tonight so going to bed and dream about buggies gone wild...
Old 05-26-2017, 10:27 PM   #19
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Oh, I told the dealer yesterday about the magnet thing but forgot to ask him today if he replaced the 4 magnet unit with an 8 magnet unit. Again will have to wait until Tuesday to ask him, and I doubt that i will remember. I read somewhere on here how to use a VOM to count the number of pulses pushing the cart... Will search for that thread tomorrow. Goodnight.

Tags
burnt motor, controller, downhill, excel, wot
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car