lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2017, 09:46 PM   #11
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: what is IQ

Well EXCUSE me for not being sure what year CC changed over to excel...yes it was explained what the difference was, but OP stated himself that he is not sure what he has.
That question was not answered....
Now perhaps those with more IQ than I have know what year Excel was introduced and might be able to tell him.
I was under the impression that is was '13 or '14, but I wasn't sure so I wasn't going to offer up unsure information until he posted a serial number.

Sorry to highjack with a little fun, I didn't realize it was so darn serious here.
I'll just keep my fingers off the keys unless it's pertinent information.

Sorry to highjack OP, hopefully you get your question answered.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2017, 09:53 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Because hijacking threads are frowned upon in pretty much ANY forum!
Let's just wait for sonny to reply back tomorrow, and not make THIS thread into another 15 pager!

Thanks for your cooperation!
15 pages of I got nothing but I'm posting anyway because I have nothing else to do thread ? Yeah, I see quite a bit of that lately.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:55 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The IQ system is a 48 volt drive system introduced by Club Car in 2002. It was the first drive system that offered diagnostics and speed programming via the Curtis handheld programmer. It's a SepEx system, like it's older brothers, the Regen 1 (1996-1997) and Regen 2 systems (1998-2001). It is totally different than it's series-wound predecessors. The Excel system is very similar to the IQ system. It offers increased motor braking over the IQ and the ability to track the vehicle via GPS on the golf course. The course could set parameters on the map with their computers and if the Excel vehicle crossed the line, it quit running. To an individual consumer, you won't notice much different between the two. The Excel system was introduced when the i2 body style of the Precedent came out in 2008 1/2. The i2 is different than the first generation Precedent by offering a battery tub that would accommodate six 8-v batteries, and a little bit different shaped dash. i2 Precedents can be identified by the serial number location. First gen Precedents had the serial number in the passenger side dash compartments. i2 Precedents had the serial number sticker on the kick panel next to the passenger side cupholder near the edge of the floormat. Contrary to popular belief, i2 is NOT a drive system. It's a body style. People often thing i2 is a drive system because the Excel system was introduced at the same time. It's not. IQ vehicles will have a serial number prefix of AQ on a DS and PQ on a basic Precedent. Excel Precedents have a prefix of PH. There are several other variations as well such as CE, which is a Champion's edition IQ Precedent. Champions editions offered soft-grip steering wheels, pin striping, and 10" wheels. The Champion edition Excel car was a "PJ". There are many other variations as well. The best thing to do is to get a serial number prefix chart. I have one if you're interested. Those were just samples.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:57 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
15 pages of I got nothing but I'm posting anyway because I have nothing else to do thread ? Yeah, I see quite a bit of that lately.
Hopefully my previous post will prevent that....
Old 06-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #15
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks everyone, the cart is a PD0829-930565.

On Dawg reply I didn't see anything that said PD, but I checked and that's right.

Now, all I want, is to by pass a good working OBC on this cart. He is just wanting to buy a DPI charger. He lets it set for long periods of time, and that kills the batteries. I'm lost on club car wiring I can do EZ GO's (some what).
Thanks all, hope my lack of knowledge didn't cause any problems.

Sonny
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnysmith View Post
Thanks everyone, the cart is a PD0829-930565.

On Dawg reply I didn't see anything that said PD, but I checked and that's right.

Now, all I want, is to by pass a good working OBC on this cart. He is just wanting to buy a DPI charger. He lets it set for long periods of time, and that kills the batteries. I'm lost on club car wiring I can do EZ GO's (some what).
Thanks all, hope my lack of knowledge didn't cause any problems.

Sonny
Be sure to thoroughly read this http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...excel-obc.html for step by step directions and support for doing it. (And I am sure you suggested to him just to place a battery maintainer on there to save a lot of $'s)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:59 PM   #17
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

No worries sonny, it's a legit question, we just kinda got sidetracked!

The breakdown of Club Car serial numbers are in the stickies,
you have to download them, and in some cases may be difficult to do. (cell, tablet etc.)

Here's the link in the stickies, and yes... PD is shown!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...olf-carts.html

PD = Precedent i2L Excel (obsolete serial number as of 1-8-14)
08 = 2008

All the info to by-pass the OBC is also in the stickies... and Nole just posted the link!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:14 PM   #18
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks all.
I have read all of the sticky( more than once), there is so much information on all kinds of club cars that I get lost with the different info., on DS Iq axcell precedent. To me they are all just club cars. The only one that I can tell you about is the one sitting in front of me, and I know very little about it.
I am going to do my first bypass on the above mention cart, IF you see smoke, I'll need a lot more help.

Thanks all for a lot of good information and Patience.
Sonny
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:56 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
No worries sonny, it's a legit question, we just kinda got sidetracked!

The breakdown of Club Car serial numbers are in the stickies,
you have to download them, and in some cases may be difficult to do. (cell, tablet etc.)

Here's the link in the stickies, and yes... PD is shown!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...olf-carts.html

PD = Precedent i2L Excel (obsolete serial number as of 1-8-14)
08 = 2008

All the info to by-pass the OBC is also in the stickies... and Nole just posted the link!

Correct. PD is the i2 Champion's Edition, also known as i2L. It was discontinued in 2014 when the E.R.I.C. - Excel car came out that uses a high frequency charger without an OBC.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:57 PM   #20
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnysmith View Post
Thanks all.
I have read all of the sticky( more than once), there is so much information on all kinds of club cars that I get lost with the different info., on DS Iq axcell precedent. To me they are all just club cars. The only one that I can tell you about is the one sitting in front of me, and I know very little about it.
I am going to do my first bypass on the above mention cart, IF you see smoke, I'll need a lot more help.

Thanks all for a lot of good information and Patience.
Sonny
I answered your PM. If you still can't figure it out, call me tomorrow after 9AM. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car