lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2017, 06:10 PM   #1
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default DPI Chrger issue.....and a boo boo

well for starters I came home this afternoon and went to check on the cart and noticed that there were no lights on the front of the charger lit. I was expecting the GREEN CHARGED light to be lit.....nothing. the first thing I did was check that I had power, but before I could check, I could hear the HUM of the charger....NOT GOOD. I got my stock charger and plugged it in and sure it fires right up. its only a year old and under warrantee. Scotty gave me their phone number and I will call them tomorrow, Scotty said they will most likely just send me a new board and change it out. Not a big deal....

NOW for the BOO BOO part......I built my first cart 4 1/2 years ago, its the one in my sig. the one thing I kind of screwed up then, was I had just bought a new 36v pack......so I went ahead with the build but set myself up for the jump to 48v when I need to get new batteries........well some of you may have followed the build I did over the last month. Well as it turns out....I was so involved in the build, I don't even think I drove the cart but maybe twice that whole time.......it had only been about 3 weeks....but I checked the batteries to add water and they were a lot lower than the should have been.....a few of the cells were uncovered. BAD NUKE BAD NUKE!!! although the batteries charged up just fine, and have 6.4v each.....they don't have the power they did.....SO I had already bought the resister and diode for my solenoid....and today I ordered my new 48v charger. as soon as I get it, I will be buying my new 6-8v pack. At least I didn't screw up a brand new pack, but a 4 1/2 year old one. CACA HAPPENS!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2017, 06:19 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: DPI Chrger issue.....and a boo boo

it has been a hot summer ... i am adding a lot more water than normal
Old 08-10-2017, 06:39 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
it has been a hot summer ... i am adding a lot more than normal
yep......that is part of it too..........BUT it gives me a GOOD reason to make the jump to 48v!!! lol

OH I JUST BROKE THE NEWS to my wife too....lol but seeing as how she got to ride in my nephews 48v cart I just built him and she LOVED it....the likes the speed too!! LOL
Old 08-10-2017, 07:58 PM   #4
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

hmm you were probably ok, but yeah your lucky you didn't burn the batteries up I bet you won't let that sneak up on you again lol
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:38 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
hmm you were probably ok, but yeah your lucky you didn't burn the batteries up I bet you won't let that sneak up on you again lol
ya got that right!!
Old 08-10-2017, 08:51 PM   #6
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Don't reckon that the feeling of lack of power isn't from where you are now used to driving the nephew's cart is it?
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:08 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKSoft84 View Post
Don't reckon that the feeling of lack of power isn't from where you are now used to driving the nephew's cart is it?
I was thinking the same thing. "Placebo effect". Now that you had a taste of 48v, there's no going back.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:39 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKSoft84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I was thinking the same thing. "Placebo effect". Now that you had a taste of 48v, there's no going back.
well my cart is just as fast top end wise....his just get there faster. NOW MINE on the other hand.....once I put 48v to it....mine will be a LOT faster. lol

I have been wanting to do this for a long time....my f*ck up just made it happen sooner. I mean I had to not only buy the new pack....but invest in a new charger as well. and my 36v DPI is only a year old. course I need to get it fixed before I can sell it.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:28 AM   #9
FF Titus
Gone Wild

I've had 4 DPIs come in this week, they are dropping like flies. All less than a year old too. Ask for Rick at DPI
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:37 AM   #10
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF Titus View Post
I've had 4 DPIs come in this week, they are dropping like flies. All less than a year old too. Ask for Rick at DPI
Wow-that is not good....DPI is just over the mtn. from me....

Sir NUKE-sometimes you just need a push-a good excuse enjoy the new found oomph
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO