lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2017, 07:57 AM   #1
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

Default Alltrax controller question

So after forever waiting lol, we are going to try and put the new coil and AXE4834 on the cart today. My question is, I have a laptop and cable to try and download info onto the controller, first to change it to ITS, my question is what other things should I change on it. Cart is a 1999 EZGO txt 36 volt, no other upgrades at this time and it is used to pull a junior dragster. What kind of throttle setting should I set this thing up with? Like progressive, linear or what? Really looking forward to getting this thing done today and I am going to tr and get a reverse contractor from Scotty and upgrade to 2G wires very soon also.
Cobrakid8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2017, 09:02 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax controller question

I would change to ITS - if necessary, then save the current settings, so you can revert back if you don't like a particular setting, and forgot where it used to be.

As far as throttle curves, I set mine for aggressive, being a He-Man. I later played with it, and like a more conservative setting. No matter what setting you use, it will always go to 100% when you punch it. The good thing about a milder setting, is it usually means more subtle changes up to around half throttle, meaning it's easier to maneuver at slower speeds.

Altrax has a fairly good explanation in their manual, which is available on their site. Pedal up and pedal down could be explained a little better.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:05 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I prefer the softer start from a 'progressive' throttle curve.
Other than setting ITS it is ready to run right out of the box.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:07 PM   #4
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

Well guys, after all the checking last month, got the new controller and solenoid in and the controller wouldn't power up. After making sure everything was hooked up correctly we again went through the wiring. Ended up being the interlock at charging receptical. It checked out ok last time but I guess not now. After getting that fixed the cart runs now, I am so happy now and I went and set the alltrax at ITS and linear for now, I can always change it later. Thanks to everyone for the help. Next I hope to get some new batteries, the reverse contractors and would like to get the heavy duty back springs.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

DO NOT spend the money to replace the reed switch (interlock). Just bypass it.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:04 PM   #6
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

Thanks yurtle, that's exactly what we ended up doing in the long run was bypassed it and as soon as the peddle was pushed the light to the alltrax came on and the rear tires started moving. Up to that point I had to power the controller up by 15 volts to program it.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:46 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

The reed switch is a good idea, but for offroad use, or bumpy rides, it's a weak link. It is a glass magnetic switch, potted in a plastic case, and mine broke while charging. The glass shards didn't leave me stranded, but fell in between the contacts while open during charging. I replaced mine, and it didn't last much more that a year before it failed. I bypassed it, and run my charger cord through the steering wheel, so I don't forget and drive away while the charger is hooked up.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:01 AM   #8
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

thanks yurtle, we bypassed those because i had read on here before they are a weak link in the system. I do have one more question, I am about to change over to different batteries as this cart when i got it had 3 12 volts in it. going to go to 6-6 volt batteries and wanted to ask, is 2G wires to much for this cart? My dad works on welders for a living so we can make our own wires and he already has some 2G wires on hand. But i am afraid they might be overkill since this thing is pretty much all stock since the controller is only a alltrax 300.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:03 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Never underestimate the value of overkill
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #10
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

thanks scotty, for now I really wanted to just get the cart running and use it to haul the juniors, but you guys and this site have been a bad influence on me LOL! I want new cables, reverse contactor switch, new batteries, taller tire and wheels, heavy duty springs with a lift and new motor. Sadly I cannot afford any of that except the cables since they won't cost me anything. I have less than 200.00 in the AXE4834 and the 200A solenoid. got to weld onto the back something i can attach the jr dragster puller and we should be good to go Saturday :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO