lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2017, 11:24 PM   #1
slimztoy
Not Yet Wild

Default medalist speed controller problem

First I want to thank all of you guys for the information that I have gathered from your posts so far. I have a question that I have been looking for and can't find the solution. The problem is that a month ago I was having an issue with my cart kind of clicking and sounding like a roller coaster when it would take off. I changed out the F/R switch and the controller thinking this was the issue. The cart would smooth out after it got going. After changing them out and still having the same problem I took the motor off to inspect it to see if it was the problem. What I found in the motor was a burned off brush wire and the armature in the motor was wore severly. I patched the burned wire back together and cleaned the armature up getting all the carbon that was caked in there out. This seemed to help alot. I knew it wasn't a permanent fix so I ordered a motor right away. When the motor came in replaced motor, and off I was smooth as could be; until I was riding it I came to a stop and then nothing. I could hear the solenoid clicking but there was nothing, the cart would not even attempt to go. I came back to the shop and changed out the speed controller again thinking this was the problem. Lo and behold it worked I was back on the road. Let set for a day while I gathered my composure and decided to try it one more time before tearing it apart; now it works again no issues. Is there anyone out there that would have a piece of advice that might shed some light on this situation??
slimztoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2017, 04:43 AM   #2
slimztoy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: medalist speed controller problem

update: Cart is now dead, there seems to be something draining the batteries, and the charge doesn't seem like it works. I can hear the charger click but the amp meter on the charger doesn't move and after about a minute the charger faults out. testing voltage on the batteries gives the correct voltage but then I push the pedal down the voltage goes to zero. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the charger or the cart right now. the last time that I had a problem with the charger I changed out controllers and the charger started working again. waiting on the new controller to come and see what happens. If anyone has any insight I could really use it.
slimztoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:53 AM   #3
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: medalist speed controller problem

i stink at diags-but is it possible that one of the batts has a bad cell?check the individual volts- at rest and under load and post each result here...also pack volt at rest and under load-if you can...
start with the pack and ensure that it is legit-then move to the next thing...
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO