lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #11
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Good deal? I'm new to this help please

I'm kinda waitingfor someone to post the charging info.......just remember, low charge runningcause heat and heat is bad for the rest of the system.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #12
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Maybe he will deal on it with you. Cant hurt to try... I am curious what the market is like elswhere because here the local economy is very strong. Booming in fact, so people are willing to pay. Look around and see what else is there. You'll be looking at 700-800 for a new set of 6 good batts. Trojan T105s just went to 129.00 each here. Welcome to BGW by the way and keep us updated.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #13
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
Yea I would definitely need rear seats but I could do without the windshield. Most of the carts around here are around 2k bone stock and 3-6 modified. He was originally asking 2200 and I talked him down a bit. I don't mind buying it knowing that I will need batteries eventually as long as these batteries won't hurt the cart and I'm still getting a good deal. I'm getting mixed responses here but I do know that the wheels and lift kit that it already as is definitely somthing I want on my cart. I would paint it also and call it a day. It also already has a stereo which is a plus. Decisions decisions. I'm gonna ask the seller about the batteries.
Well, if YOU feel it is a good deal, then go for it . . know that a rear seat kit will run about $300 or so from one of the site sponsors (unless you find a good used one with all the hardware) plus whatever you decide on batteries . . the lift kit/wheels saved you probably $500+ . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #14
xander
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Well, if YOU feel it is a good deal, then go for it . . know that a rear seat kit will run about $300 or so from one of the site sponsors (unless you find a good used one with all the hardware) plus whatever you decide on batteries . . the lift kit/wheels saved you probably $500+ . . .

I am in the Cincinnati area. In the winter is the time to buy here. When I was looking in the summer I couldn't believe the prices. I feel like this would be a good deal for me as long as the 12v wont actually hurt the cart. He could have not even listed the kind of batteries it had and most buyers around here would never know the difference I suppose. I emailed him and he said he gets 10 mile between charges.
xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #15
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I emailed him and he said he gets 10 mile between charges.
I would personally take that statement with a grain of salt . . . as with any used vehicle, seller may exaggerate a little, but I never really measured how far a cart would go on a charge because I plug mine in after each/every use. . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #16
xander
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
I would personally take that statement with a grain of salt . . . as with any used vehicle, seller may exaggerate a little, but I never really measured how far a cart would go on a charge because I plug mine in after each/every use. . .
I agree, in fact I take anything anyone says with a grain of salt when they are wanting to sell me somthing. I'm not sure how he measured his ten miles. If it can last a full weekend driving around the campsite I would be happy. Campsite is about the size of a football field and is on the river. Would be ridden maybe 2 hours a day? Just going to the restroom and other campers.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #17
Jim"Bob" Bebermeyer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi Xander,

I certainly agree with an immediate battery pack replacement. But, whether the price is good or not is a rather subjective question and would be based on the condition of the cart. (By the way it looks like it is in descent shape externally)

You would certainly not want to have to invest more of your hard earned money into getting it repaired just after purchasing it, where it isn’t an F.O.R.D. nightmare. Also, another question to ask your self is, “How long will I have this cart and will it hold up?”

To me, no matter what the price was (the lower the price the better), I asked myself when I bought my 2007 Club Car in 2009 (at $3000.00) do I like the thing as is? My answer was yes! Is the cart worth the price to me? My answer was yes! Well, after looking under the hood and kicking the tires a few times, I bought it!

The moral of this story is don’t settle for less than you are expecting or want, even if it costs a little more than expected.

It seems that in your case not only do you need to sell yourself on the purchase, but you will need to sell your wife on this purchase also. Take her along to see what your into and explain the in’s and out’s on the carts you look at and more importantly, let her drive it.

Just my two cents!

Happy hunting!

Jim”Bob”
Jim"Bob" Bebermeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i bought one last year a 48 volt with 2011 trojens lift tires/wheels roof and WS asking price was 1600 got it for 1400 but my concern is the batteries cause it seems like a set of batteries was just throw in to sell it.......bothers me thats all.....but hey its not my money or me buying the cart so if you feel your getting a deal knowing you,ll be putting another 800.00 in batteries in real soon than by all means...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
xander
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replys guys! To me it would be worth it as long as the batteries won't hurt the cart. From what I am egging they will drain fast and go bad quickly but not hurt the cart? Any way to prolong the batteries life? I'm ok with the short running time I will never be far away from the charger but I don't want to have to throw new batteries in right away unless I have to. I feel that even if I had 2600 invested it still isn't a bad deal as long as the cart is in good shape.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #20
TDAWG
Gone Wild

I have a question. Is this a 36 volt, 2002 Club Car with V-glide and resistors? If so, why did he put the three 12 volts in there to begin with? Also your stereo and lights are probably hooked to one of those batteries and that is going to exagerate the limited run time even more.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car