lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 48 volt CC....installed 6-6volt batteries instead of 6-8 volt

if they are brand new batteries and your talking about the cart just being a little slow.......you need to break the batteries in as they are only approx 75% after 10 or so complete charge cycles you should start noticing a difference....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoxsouthernforest View Post
Steve, thanks for the info.....I do not have any of the coils like I have seen on other carts....just a motor in the back......I think 2003 CC DS may have been an in between year or something??? Mine does have a small black box under the passengers side floor board attached to the frame (looks like five wires coming from it)....does this info explain anything
OK . . disregard my post about being a resistor cart . . I think you have a Powerdrive system, with an on board computer (OBC) and controller . . . here is a copy of a parts manual that may help you . . download a copy to your computer . .

http://bennettgolfcars.ca/manuals/cl...c_vehicles.pdf

Do what Shadowman suggests and give the new batteries a few charge cycles to maximize themselves . . if still having problems after that, return and we can then start over . . . what is serial number of cart?

Black box under passenger side is probably the MCOR . . . connects to GO pedal?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
jcoxsouthernforest
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes, Steve the black box is in line with the "go pedal" and the cart does not move in reverse (without a little help), everything works and clicks like it should but no go, in forward with a little help from a foot push it will go.....takes off on jack stands??????? the serial number is AA0240-208574....thank you for bearing with me and helping!!!!!!!!
jcoxsouthernforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #14
jcoxsouthernforest
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Shadowman........I think my problem existed before my battery change.....any ideas are welcome......thanks for sticking with me and offering any knowledge.....I owe ya!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 06:40 AM   #15
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

From what you have said it sounds like a faulty MCOR they will make a cart shutter and act like you are describing when bad. But I am very surprised you do not have a tow run switch under the seat. Look under the dash just above the rubber and tell me the serial number of the cart.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:52 AM   #16
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
From what you have said it sounds like a faulty MCOR they will make a cart shutter and act like you are describing when bad. But I am very surprised you do not have a tow run switch under the seat. Look under the dash just above the rubber and tell me the serial number of the cart.
See his post #13 . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoxsouthernforest View Post
Shadowman........I think my problem existed before my battery change.....any ideas are welcome......thanks for sticking with me and offering any knowledge.....I owe ya!!!!!!!!!
i just re-read this and i agree i would look at the M-COR they will get water in them and act up....if you have the box on the pass. side that should be your M-COR.............................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #18
jcoxsouthernforest
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I extend a THANK-YOU to everyone for the advice....I will replace the MCOR and let everyone know the results.....if it does not work at least we can eliminate one more thing!!!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #19
jcoxsouthernforest
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Everyone who is helping or able to offer advice on my situation.....I took the MCOR off my father-in-laws CC which is a year newer than ours (same part #) and tried it...still a no go...any more suggestions are welcome.......

His cart is alittle different from mine (other than the obvious...it runs good...lol) his has a rocker style forward/reverse switch and an attachment on the end of his motor (a small black box)....mine has no box on the motor and the F/R is a lever that you move side to side with contacts that rub together.....I have access to try any of his parts on mine to help us troubleshoot.......Sorry for being a hassle (I am typically the one helping others) and is sure is nice to receive so much help when it is needed.....I guess what goes around truly does come around
Old 03-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You describe an MCOR. It's a controller cart, now we need to know which one. see chart

Have you fully charged your new batteries yet? What size (amp hour) batteries did you install?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clubcarguide.jpg (101.5 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car