lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Default How to clean an MCOR

I'm still having "Herky-Jerky" speed control on my 2008.5 CC PQ especially just as I start at low speed. Every now and then while driving it does a "Stutter step". While on the golf course you can't notice it so much but it is very evident on flat roads. So my Question is,.. "Is it possible to take an MCOR apart and clean the internal electronic connections" I believe that at one time this cart was under water at least up past the MCOR but not the controller or OBC. It is easy to just order a used MCOR from Plum Quick,.. but being a "Fixit guy",.. it is hard to just give up.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to clean an MCOR

. . MCOR's are a sealed unit, designed to be "disposable" . . . no serviceable internal replacement parts . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
I'm still having "Herky-Jerky" speed control on my 2008.5 CC PQ especially just as I start at low speed. Every now and then while driving it does a "Stutter step". While on the golf course you can't notice it so much but it is very evident on flat roads. So my Question is,.. "Is it possible to take an MCOR apart and clean the internal electronic connections" I believe that at one time this cart was under water at least up past the MCOR but not the controller or OBC. It is easy to just order a used MCOR from Plum Quick,.. but being a "Fixit guy",.. it is hard to just give up.
Looked at a cart the other day with a stutter and as a prelim measure unplugged the MCOR, blew out the socket with compressed air sprayed on a bit of WD40 and away she went good as new. Worth a try for no cost.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Golfdog,... OK I will give it a try. The strange thing about this MCOR is that it does not do the same thing for 5 minutes. It is always something different. Sometimes it will cut out in the middle of high speed. Othertimes it will skip and jerk just to get started. However, it always goes fast downhill.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:37 AM   #5
kantuckian
Gone Wild

worth trying
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
gbridges
Not Yet Wild

I had the same problem. I sprayed with WD40 a few times, it would fix the problem for a short period of time. I replaced the MCOR and no problems since. Go ahead and replace it. It will save u alot of head aches.
gbridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Sorry for getting back here so late. Had to get and MRI and then get shots in my back. I out now and functional. I took out both of the plugs and tried my best to get some WD40 in that hole so at least I did the best I could to clean out both ends of the plug. I seated and re-seated them several times to wipe the contacts. There was really no chage to the drive results. What happens is I get a pulseing or hesitation is the speed. If I hold the petal at low speed I get the pulse of good then bad speed. As I increase to the next speed I get the same pulse up and slow down on a continual basis. I am not moving my foot on the petal at all. When I take the petal all the way to the floor I get the same pulsing motion even on flat ground. My understanding is that the only way I would get this action is if the voltage out of the MCOR kept going up and down. Being an Electrical engineer,..potentiometers don't operation like that that. Of course I have not seen the insides of a MCOR so I don't know what kind of pot it is but the last DS cart I had it was a regulart potentiometer just like any piece of electronics I've ever worked on. The type of slow down or pulsing I'm getting is not consistant with an intermitten connection. If one spot on the pot bar was worn or contaminated or if even if there were a loose connection,..the pulsing would not be this consistant when driven at three different speeds. So the only other item would be motor speed sensor. Now what kinds of magnetic polls does the hall effect sensor have on the shaft and is this action consistant with a bad sensor????
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car