lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #21
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1983 Junker to Farm/Hunting Machine

He's the man when it comes to this stuff. He will get you straightened out for sure.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #22
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

What am I missing here? Unless the OP's cart (1983) has been ESC converted already, why not just throw another battery or two at it until the overhaul?? Running 42 just has the problem of charging that extra 6v but it will give it a little kick in the pants??....

Have fun with your new project!

Carry on....
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #23
SARWildJr85
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Scottyb has been pretty busy, so I figured i'd post a few of my questions here to save him a little time answering questions that I probably should alread know the answer to.

I have a 4" lift coming, and am thinking about flipping front end and lowering the rear shackle mount points for even more. Will this be a problem?

What tire is best and what size?

Do I need different wheels?
SARWildJr85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #24
SARWildJr85
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

How do ya'll like Swamp Fox tires?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #25
wyatt3d
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Just an FYI here.
Everybody wants big tires and axle twisting torque.
When faced with budget restraints they opt for the tires, wheel, seats, lights, stereo, winches, rear seat kits, just anything but the performance upgrade!?

This is totally backwards in my experience. You must have the capability to run bigger tires and carry extra loads before you head out to the woods or you will be pushing the cart home.

The Ezgo and Club Car engineers designed this cart for 2 people to play golf while driving the cart on a groomed pathway. They did not include a speed control capable of a 30% larger tire carrying 4 adults and deer over downed trees across hill and dale.

For the best results upgrade the drive system one end to the other, in most cases you can keep the motor and the key switch
this dude knows of what he speaks I bought (stole) a lifted cart with big tires and a back seat with no performance upgrades because they had fried the whole system. First thing was to come here, get advise and upgrade to 48v. You can still have a nice cart for cheap, but yes, even my "great deal" ended up with about 2500 in it! On the bright side it has everything I want...well for now and brand new batteries that I broke in right.
wyatt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #26
SARWildJr85
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

What do you suggest wyatt3d. As I said in a previous post I have been talking to scottyb via email about what all I need to do, because I toasted the wiring on stock tires. Right now, I am just trying to get a game plan together before I start ordering. I am open to any/all suggestions. I listed usage conditions above.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #27
wyatt3d
Not Yet Wild

ScottyB set me up too. I have a 2000 TXT upgraded from Scotty to 500amp alltrax controller, HD soilinoid, HD FnR, and I got my charger from him. I found a deal local for 6 8volt Trojans for just over 100 each. Made my own cables from welding lead but to do over will probably be buying his by next year. I use mine similar to yours. And the previous owner was trying to do the same and all the wires were fried and the stock controller and posts were melted out of the batteries! I think they were also running a spray rig off of it. Scotty will set you up right. He's got the best stuff which is expensive but je's got it for cheaper than anyone else. Plus he worked with me until I got everything installed right. I am kinda like you, knew there were gas and electric, but that was about or! Good luck. You came to the right place and there are several guys on here that will also help you out.
wyatt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #28
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I haven't run the swamp fox tires my self yet but I have some Titan 489's which is a simular tread tire. I've had them for over 5 years on 2 different carts and still over 1/2 tread. For wheels try to at least go with a 10" wheel. And yes feel free to add a little more height to your coming 4" as long as you don't go crazy and keep it safe. And as far as performance just do what ever ScottyB recommends. He won't rip you off and you will never regret it. On my first electric cart I've been building I've asked him so many questions I feel bad. He's had so many oppertunities to get a lot of money out of me by telling me things that I don't fully understand. He hasn't. In fact I haven't given him a single penny (yet) and I'm more then happy with the performance with my cart for what it is.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #29
SARWildJr85
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Why do you say to go with a 10" wheel? I was hoping to just reuese the 8's that are on there, and spend that $ on other stuff.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #30
SARWildJr85
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Where do I need to look for hd leaf springs?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO