lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
Bings
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo Charger fault code after new Batteries

I just replaced my batteries and now I am getting 2 red flashes as a fault code, With the batteries being new I wouldn't think it is low voltage. To make sure I charged each battery at 40 amps for 5 minutes, still got the code. cart runs well even uphill, (maybe just a little weak on hills). Anyone got any suggestions on what to try now?
Bings is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Ezgo Charger fault code after new Batteries

Sounds like you have a "QE" charger. Make sure charging wire connections at the charge receptacle and at the batteries are tight. Try spraying some contact cleaner into both the male and female charger plug and socket at the cart. Maybe try your charger on another known "good" cart to see how it responds. Others should be along to offer additional advice. - Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
Bings
Not Yet Wild

Ray, Thanks for the reply. I have found that the problem is with my charger. Tried it on another cart, and a different charger on mine. I have taken apart the connector, and it's clean. So, I assume it's something in the circuit board on the charger. Now my question is can these be repaired or should I just look for another one to buy?... And yes it is a "QE" charger.
Bings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Basically, EZGO considers the QE a disposable charger.

Replace it with something like this: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/48v_Battery_Charger.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I also was "blessed" with a QE charger when I bought my 2007 TXT. Mine was DOA and no, they aren't repairable. The charger recommended by johnnieb is an excellent choice . RAY

Last edited by bigstik40; 06-07-2013 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: correction
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO