lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #11
Sethjamto
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Unplugged this morning and after an 8 hour rest the pack was at 38.36v. Went for a 4 mile ride on flat roads and let it rest for an hour. Pack is at 38.22v. Still at 100% SOC. I guess I'll have to run it more before charging again.
Sethjamto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: US145 Batteries

Look at this link for help breaking in batteries. This is a site sponsor.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter...n_Methods.html
Thatsme? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethjamto View Post
Unplugged this morning and after an 8 hour rest the pack was at 38.36v. Went for a 4 mile ride on flat roads and let it rest for an hour. Pack is at 38.22v. Still at 100% SOC. I guess I'll have to run it more before charging again.
Never let them sit overnight in a partially discharged state, no matter how slight the discharge.

In general terms, charge after every use. Of course, charging after each use isn't always practical, especially if you are making numerous short trips. In that case, put on charge when you put cart up for the night.

My batteries are either on charge, or on float charge, or in use, unless I fairly certain I'll be using it more that day.

New batteries will be off the top of the chart for a few weeks/months and you've got 251AH batteries, so it may take quite a few miles to discharge them much.

For example: With the set-up listed below, I have to drive 13.5 miles over hilly terrain to drop my 42V 245AH pack to 80% SoC.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #14
Sethjamto
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah I charged regardless.

Thanks guys! I'm just psyched to have new quality batteries!!! LOL

Next up is a controller package! Where's my wallet??
Old 12-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #15
Sethjamto
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

So, after having these batteries for a few months now and getting them all broken in, I have to say that they KICK A$$! I spent the past few days at hunting camp running the cart upwards of 15 miles through some decent hills and they batteries hold up great at the end of the day! 15 miles of hills and slow rolling through the woods and I came back to camp at 90% SOC! I did, though, have my solar panels trickle charging them for a few hours in the middle of the day while I was taking a break.

My buddy that was up there with me on his cart is going to get these batteries this week for his cart, that's how impressed he was! He fell to below 50% SOC doing less driving than I did!
Old 12-29-2013, 05:17 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

High AH batteries and solar panels for "opportunity" charging while out and about.
Sounds like a good combination for performance, range and lifespan.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO