lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
flashbk13
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question what system is in my western?

Hi all,
my western cart just stopped working. I checked the batteries (water level ok), each battery charged (after 15 hour wait time before checking) to 6.3V, the black one is at 6.18V), lights and horn work, little bar graph shows full (need to by one of Scotty's, but don't know which one, hence this post. Scotty, chime in with the proper meter so I can order one.). I see a small gauge red wire now disconnected from the F/R sw, that I believe was attached before when the cart ran (there are 2 other wires...a small blk wire and large white with spade connector that has one end cut off from somewhere that were already disconnected and the cart ran then, wonder what they went to?). Not sure where that small red wire goes in the F/R sw. (will have to pull that unit out to see if there is a wireless connector there). Couldn't find it by feeling for it. Could that 1 little wire shut down the cart? Note, there is no clicking sound from the solenoid.
Also, the batteries were down to 4.4V after sitting for a week (fully charged before sitting) unused, is that normal? How long should a full battery stay charged when idle?
Enclosed are pics of the batt area. Thank you, Rick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bat1.jpg (219.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg bat2.jpg (218.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg bat3.jpg (190.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg bat4.jpg (222.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by flashbk13; 01-26-2014 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: missed some information
flashbk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: what system is in my western?

Ezgo Marathon 92 some where around there, see if this wiring diagram matches your cart

sounds like you have some bad batteries, a battery should stay fully charged for weeks not being used, 6.37 is a fully charged 6 volt battery, what is each of the batteries volts, and the pack volts??

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #3
flashbk13
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Rib33024 for the info. Rick
Old 01-26-2014, 08:58 PM   #4
rib33024

Here's the meter your talking about

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Digita...ry_Meters.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
flashbk13
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

hi all,
I found the problem with the solenoid not energizing. There was a wire that had an internal break that I found while digging around. Those loose wires were for the buzzer (still not buzzing). The red went to the reverse sw (now reconnected), but unsure where the blk ground goes as it is too short to reach any of the negative terminals (no signs that it was ever connected) . I did find a whitish wire that had a connector on it where the other end was cut off, so I connected it there, still nothing. This whitish wire goes up front somewhere. So i'm guessing that connection is incorrect? Any input would be great. I looked at the wiring diagram in this post, but it shows the buzzer connected to one 6V battery. Thank you, Rick.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO