lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #11
bkromke
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: cold weather - seems like she's froze up

We think it must have been the 20 degree weather....at 50 degrees it's holding a charge and working. Need a 48 volt system I suppose and no more polar vortexes
bkromke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2014, 06:38 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkromke View Post
We think it must have been the 20 degree weather....at 50 degrees it's holding a charge and working. Need a 48 volt system I suppose and no more polar vortexes
A 48V battery pack will also lose nearly half its storage capacity 20°F weather, but a new battery pack and/or charger will most likely help.

BTW: Polar Vorteces existed before the term was coined in 1853 and will continue to exist long after the current crop of Climate Change (formally known as Global Warming) indoctrinated news media that recently rediscovered the term, has evaporated from the heat or been solidified by the cold.

Derecho is another meteorological term from the 1800's that was resurrected in the news media when a Jun-2012 storm front with very high straight-line wind speeds traveled from the Chicago area to the East coast in 10 hours. My cart came in handy hauling blown off fence panels back to the fence posts and gathering downed branches after it passed through here.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:18 AM   #13
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkromke View Post
its 36 volts stutters goes a little and quits and go.s again two feet. its in the garage charging. you think the boys up north don't use elec carts in the winter gas probably much better in the cold.
I'm up here and run mine now and again when it gets above 20 degrees, haven't had any probs, new batts last fall, keep it charged, that's the key
mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO