lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2021, 12:26 AM   #11
Nicko773
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1998 Club Car DS 48V OBC bypass question

[QUOTE=JulianL85;1858511]I have 98 DS 48v and I'm about to put a lithum in it and just charge the battery with aftermarket charger that connects straight to the terminals. aI want to know how and if I should bypass the OBC. I watched videos on YouTube but did not see a video that shows my connector style(which is a 3 terminal, not 6) on my OBC. Any help will appreciated. .[/QUOTE
Just curious what battery did you install. I have a 98 DS too, and I can see the space is limited. I have an 07 12v battery DS frame I'm thinking about switching all my components over to.
]
Nicko773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2021, 07:38 PM   #12
bzlytbeer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnealuf View Post
I converted my 95 DS to lithium about two months ago and removed it all. I took factory charge port out completely and wired the onboard charger to that location by making a plate and a waterproof socket. You have to ground the negative side of the solenoid so it goes. (New wire is not shown, this is all just crap I removed. )
Hey mnealuf - So if I am understanding this correctly, you pulled everything out, but re-wired the larger black wire that was running through the middle?
bzlytbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 09:32 PM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzlytbeer View Post
Hey mnealuf - So if I am understanding this correctly, you pulled everything out, but re-wired the larger black wire that was running through the middle?
That's the battery pack negative wire that goes to the controller B-. You need pull it out of the computer and reconnect to the controller. If the terminal will not fit through the hole, you will need to cut it off and then put a new terminal on the wire.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car