lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2021, 08:24 AM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: lithium charger voltage adjustment question

That's why I suggested you measure the current draw with the charger connected and unpowered. I don't like putting the charger onboard unless you really need to charge at more than your home location. It subjects your charger to unneded vibration, possible moisture, etc. Most of these lithium chargers (Chinese) are not built all that robustly.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2021, 08:57 AM   #12
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
That's why I suggested you measure the current draw with the charger connected and unpowered. I don't like putting the charger onboard unless you really need to charge at more than your home location. It subjects your charger to unneded vibration, possible moisture, etc. Most of these lithium chargers (Chinese) are not built all that robustly.
Hadn't thought of that. Thanks.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 04:09 PM   #13
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Have you looked at Sergio’s lithium build with “cheap Chinese BMS?” It includes a circuit that disconnects the inboard charger from the battery when AC power is disconnected.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ap+Chinese+BMS
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 07:40 AM   #14
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Have you looked at Sergio’s lithium build with “cheap Chinese BMS?” It includes a circuit that disconnects the inboard charger from the battery when AC power is disconnected.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ap+Chinese+BMS
I did read sergio's write up on his build and realized that my learning curve is not as extensive as it once was. Hate to admit it but I think I am going to have to take the first advice and locate my charger absent from the cart and just count on making it home before the battery shuts down the cart. Most likely, I will have to get another battery pack to work in series so that we won't have to worry about making it home to re-charge. I've always kept a tow rope in the cart to assist others when they needed a tow, so now it's function will be to make sure we get home.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha