lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2022, 12:13 PM   #1
dennycrane
Not Yet Wild

Default Extreme Team Install—Ignition

Happy New Year, all! I’ve been working on installing my Extreme Team 36v 100ah pack this weekend. 2005 PDS cart with fwd/rvs switch on dash. Wiring is messy—will clean it up once I know that everything else on this project cart works. I took out the stock charging port to install the Extreme Team charger in the battery compartment. I have the red wire in my hand left over from disconnecting the OEM charging port. Does this need to be wired to the battery? I have voltage on the battery, but my ignition switch isn’t working at all. I’m thinking this may be related to the reed switch I’ve read about. Thanks!
dennycrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2022, 01:42 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Extreme Team Install—Ignition

Connect it to the battery side of the solenoid.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 10:58 PM   #3
englishwl
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Did that work to connect the red wire from old charger to battery side of solenoid? I am installing an Eco Lithium in my EZGO TXT this weekend. Also upgrading to 48v.
englishwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 04:43 PM   #4
dennycrane
Not Yet Wild

Extreme Team includes a piece of wire with a ring terminal in the kit that gets spliced to the red wire left over from the old charger that runs to the switch. That got connected to the battery positive per Extreme Team's instructions over the phone. Worked right away after that.
dennycrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO