lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2016, 09:43 PM   #61
gpzjack
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default re: Lockman1's DS idle setup?

Tried it on my 98 tonight. Problem i'm having is the spring isnt bringing my throttle all the way back. Too weak i guess. Gonna look for a stronger spring tomorrow.
gpzjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #62
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I called a cart service company about a noise in my cart. I mentioned that I was using key start and got my a$$ chewed out by the service manager. He said that he has been servicing EZGO carts for 25 years and that what I did was screwing up my generator/starter. He said that was probably the noise, the generator giving up the ghost. I have had this mod for four or five years now and never had a problem. Anyone with the mod having a their generator/starter making grinding noises? Not being an electrical whiz I had no reply.
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:29 PM   #63
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Almost 8 years and running with no grinding!

But I just realized something... this particular mod is for Club Car FE engines, and CC has carts that are key start, and they idle,
THEN... I saw that you have an EZ-GO... I know nothing about them, except the aftermarket S/G's are probably interchangeable.

Did you somehow do this mod on your EZ-GO?
(If so... I've got nothin'!)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #64
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Almost 8 years and running with no grinding!

But I just realized something... this particular mod is for Club Car FE engines, and CC has carts that are key start, and they idle,
THEN... I saw that you have an EZ-GO... I know nothing about them, except the aftermarket S/G's are probably interchangeable.

Did you somehow do this mod on your EZ-GO?
(If so... I've got nothin'!)
Yes I did. There is a box under that floormat that has the switch activated by the accelerator. I just wired the switch "on" with a jumper wire.
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:46 PM   #65
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Huh... It's the same basic idea then!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:47 PM   #66
Bigfoote13
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Anyone know if this will work on a 2017 CC?
Bigfoote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:49 PM   #67
JoshR
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwallie View Post
hi I am new here so I hope what i can post this.
I did lockman1's set up with the black wire disconnected,but i went a step further.
I added a Bosch relay with five terminals to the circuit.what i did was to disconnect the green and white wires from the out side micro switch of the shifter lever,
and connected the wires to the relay.the relay has terminals marked 30,87A,87,85,86.
I connected terminals 30 and 85 to ground.terminal 86 connected to the blue wire on the solenoid that get 12 volts when the key is on.
87A is connected to the white wire that was taken off the micro switch.87 was connected to the green wire that was taken off the micro switch.
how this works is that 87A is NC and 87 is NO.with key off 87A is grounded and 87 is not.
with key on 87A is ungrounded and 87 grounded. in neutral turn the key on step on the gas pedal and the engine runs.turn the key off and the engine stops no need to adjust idle.
this was done to my 2007 club car.

so what do you think of this set up?
will this setup work on a 2000 club cart ds?
JoshR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:43 PM   #68
SooieSauce
Not Yet Wild

I have wanted to take the time and figure out how to do this. If I had any clue how easy it was I would have done it years ago.

I do lots of low speed, on and off driving while spraying. It seemed I didnt get a proper battery charge and was abusing my starter
SooieSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:22 AM   #69
soponies
Not Yet Wild

Alright I’ve tried this. The brakes have a very hard time catching in now as if the engine is running too strong. Brakes work fine when black wire is connected so just think the engine is too much. Tried adjusting the idle and turning that screw does nothing at all. Checked to make sure it was the right screw and still, nothing changes by turning it. Any advice?
soponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:26 AM   #70
BuggieMaverick
Not Yet Wild

I know it's been asked before but I can't find the answer. Has anyone figured out this mod for pre-1992 Club Cars?
BuggieMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idle, idle fix, idle mod
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car