lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
dene79
Not Yet Wild

Default batt light 99 cc

what does the batt light indicate exactly? mine comes on with the key on or off. somtimes but not while driveing and it only stays on but for about 5 seconds. thanks in advance.
dene79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: batt light 99 cc

The battery light does a few things - you can have low battery voltage (batteries or charger issue), one or more batteries going bad. How old are your batteries? Have they ever gone dry? It is also hooked through your computer (I am assuming that your cart is 48 volt), if so, then you may have a computer going bad. The best thing that it could be is that your light itself is now 8 years old and it could be faulty. Check all your wires for corrosion and proper fit. You never said anything about your carts performance...
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
dene79
Not Yet Wild

just got the cart a week ago and yes 48 volt system. dont really know how performanse should be. batteries have tags march 2003. when i plug the charger in it spikes to about 15 amps then within 30 min dropes to 10 amps then gradually decreases untill it turns off. and yes when i got it home the first thing i checked were the batteries and a couple of cells were low so i toped them off with distilled water. the light like i said comes on more often when you stop and shut the key off. never yet came on while driving.
dene79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

2003 batteries? I say you just purchased a cart that needs a new set. You should purchase a hydrometer to test the acid in them, but that's a stretch on any battery that is 5 years old. I'll bet that they are bad...
Old 03-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
hawgs
Getting Wild

Mine battery light is doing the same thing, but the guy (a trusted friend) I bought it from said the batteries are less than a year old. I guess I should purchase a hydrometer and test them.

A couple of the batteries bubble some liquid that looks like water at the top after it is driven for a while. I wonder if that is battery acid or water.
hawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #6
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

We see alot of the battery lights that are faulty. Test your batteries with a Hydrometer - A cycling charger can boil batteries dry in a month. I have learned to trust no one on used batteries, only what a hydrometer and battery discharge test tells me... :0)

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
Old 03-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Don't panic ....I have good batteries that are 8 yrs old in service....Just because a battery is 5 yrs old doesn't mean it is dead!? WTF. Trust the hydrometer...

Any fluid coming out of a battery is potentially acidic...Looks the same as water.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car