lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
tiresmoke216
Not Yet Wild

Default Installing a DCX 400

Can I assume the the wiring in the 10 pin connector is correct and just plug it in? Thanks Brian
tiresmoke216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Installing a DCX 400

YEs, you can. Directions are as follows...
Use masking tape and pen to mark the location of the big cables and wires. Tag each cable & note which wires are on which side of the solenoid and which way the diode stripe is orientated. Photos can work for reference also.

switch the run/tow toggle to tow

remove the enviromental cover

ID (mark) the cables & wires

remove the neg battery cable at the pack

remove all cables and wires from the solenoid & controller

remove the solenoid and controller

install the new controller and mount the new solenoid

install the cables and wires as you have marked them... take care to install the resistor and diode as

check that the diode is oriented with the stripe toward the positive side of the activation wires

cut the environmental cover in half. discard the bottom half. install the top half taking care not fold or short out any wires or cables.

install a 250 amp fuse between the negative battery cable and the battery pack. Install at the battery for easy access.

wait 30 seconds after power is reconnected to switch run/tow toggle back to run and test drive.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
tiresmoke216
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Installing a DCX 400

I got the new controller installed today and my cart runs great! I want to thank scottyb for hooking me up with the new controller, selonoid and info on hooking it up. Thanks Scottyb. I also want to thank everyone who gave me advice. Brian
tiresmoke216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO