lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default Fire to the coil and coil is new

but still no spark much to my dismay. I checked the red wire [92 Marathon] and fire with the key on so I thought the coil was the problem. Ordered one put it on no spark no cart to ride no golf 7th week in a row it seems like I only have a few min a week to work on it then it is time to go. Bad thing is this is my back up and I still haven't got to run down the tree on my newer electric one either. Any ideas? Let me rephrase that. Please share your thoughts.Thanks Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:10 PM   #2
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fire to the coil and coil is new

Have you checked the grounds to the engine block?
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:04 AM   #3
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Clean and tight but I will recheck. I think the key was left on for an extended period of time then when trying to put back into service no fire. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Actually check all your connections including all of the wire harnesses that attach the wires from both the coil (orange/brown pair?) and the engine block (red/blue pair?). Any of these come loose, you'll turn over for days without firing.

In my case, I actually disconnected the harnesses, and spliced the wires together directly to avoid this issue. The harnesses were in rough shape anyways, and I had to cut the wires to pull my engine out.

Also good to move all the spade connectors under the seat around a little bit - sometimes they oxidize and just need a little rub to fix their contact.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO