lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2020, 08:41 AM   #1
Sampras1977
Not Yet Wild

Default Navitas AC & 72V Leaf Li-Ion hunting cart

So this is my first cart rebuild. I tried to read as much as I could on the forum before this post.

I got two Precedent 2016 with bad batteries but otherwise in fine condition. Plan to make hunting buggies out of them for our gravel roads with some what hilly conditions. Will upgrade to 23" tyres, 6" liftkit, backseat and other goodies.

I will use the 5kw Navitas controller and AC motor package. Will need to find myself something like 500amp 72V solenoid to go with it.

For powerplant I found a 2015 Leaf pack with 25k miles on them from a salvaged crasched car (paid about $2500). Out of the 48 modules I plan to use 18 on each cart in a 9s2p config (module) which should be same thing as 18s4p (cell). Should have 120ah on 72v (8,6Kwh) available with a nice range. Each module can deliver 100A continous if I am not mistaken, so that should be 200A continous from the pack, that's likely all the juice this AC motor and controller needs on 72V.

Of course I plan to use a BMS with external solenoid to keep the thing from exploding... if possible...

To get started I wanted to get your mighty minds feedback on the best configuration of modules and BMS. Should I opt for two packs of 9 modules in a 9s1p config, or one large pack of 18 modules in a 9s2p config? One large pack mean 4 cells in parallell and monitored together I assume. Maybe this is a bit risky?

If I split it in two battery packs I assume I need two separate BMS but I have a lighter and more manageable battery. I assume I could use the same solenoids so that both packs shut down if either BMS feels there is something funny going on.

Other suggestions or if you think any of this is a bad idea, feel free to chip in.

Thanks for an awsome forum and all the knowledge you guys share. I am very grateful.
Sampras1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car