lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2019, 12:49 PM   #1
johnnyocc
Not Yet Wild

Default adapt harley 3 wire ignition to 4 wire

Just purchased a harley 3 wire igition switch for added security need to know how to adapt that switch to the existing 4 wire 2 position switch . thanks for the help
johnnyocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2019, 03:15 PM   #2
johnnyocc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: adapt harley 3 wire ignition to 4 wire

Bump......anybody?
johnnyocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:06 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: adapt harley 3 wire ignition to 4 wire

I'm going to jump in here. I'm not a Harley guy, but I'm guessing they've made more than one switch over the years. That said nobody may really know exactly what you've got, but we'll try to help. I would think a bike switch would have similar function: Off, engine on, light on so my best guess is 1 terminal power in, and two out to engine and light. One position of the switch would be off - no continuity between any of the terminals. Second position (first "click") should have continuity between two of the three terminals - power in to the switch and power out to the engine. Third and final position (second "click") should have continuity between all 3 terminals.

The original EZGO 4 wire switch used a green wire for power in and blue wire for power out to the solenoid to run the engine. Put those two on the wires that have continuity in the "run" position. The other 2 wires are power in and power out for the lights. To use your 3 terminal switch you'll need to find which one of the remaining wires is 12 volt + and insulate that wire off. The remaining wire goes to the third terminal on your new switch and should then carry power out to your lights when in the "light" position. Note: you may need to use a slightly larger fuse to run ignition and lights from the same circuit.

Last edited by meimk; 02-27-2019 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: clarification
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO