lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2019, 06:56 PM   #1
Blind Old Coot
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 01 EZGO workhorse 1200LX drive clutch bolt

Hi, was wondering if anyone had any success pulling the drive clutch off the motor with out pulling the motor out of the frame. The drive clutch bolt is fairly close to the frame . I would be happy to just take it apart to clean and check it.
I'm sure it's a very long bolt to reach the crank shaft.
Thank you
Blind Old Coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2019, 11:02 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 01 EZGO workhorse 1200LX drive clutch bolt

Yep. It will come out. You need a 3 inch piece of 1/2 rebar and a 3/4 inch fine thread bolt 2 inches long. Take out the hold down bolt and put the rebar in. Thread in the bolt clockwise and tighten until the clutch pops off.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
Blind Old Coot
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

That's what would make me happy.. A short socket and wrench won't even fit with the space allocation given. Tried an open end combo wrench and not enough leverage on it...

Going to the hardware store for those items and some rope to keep the engine from spinning on me.

Found this machihe locally for sale and just doing a little preventative on it. Mostly stuck cables, generator belt is dry rotted, plugs are old.....

The driven rear clutch is hardly worn, me thinks the machine mostly sat around...
Old 06-10-2019, 03:28 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Plugs should be NGK BPR4ES, belt I believe is 35" by 1/2"
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:08 PM   #5
Blind Old Coot
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

New plugs are in along with a new generator belt, really helped to smooth things out. Since I was at it , I also changed the generator brushes. I was surprised at how little they were wore but what a difference in starting ability. SO MUCH smoother.

As a precaution, ran it to see where the govenor was set with a tachometer and maximum rpm is 3600. Fast enough for me.

Just need to get used to the extended frame length...... I'll use it for the summer and get it nice over the winter.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:39 AM   #6
Blind Old Coot
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

O wise ones,
Anyone have instructions on how to adjust this two cable directional shift set up ? The shifter has such a narrow window for neutral that's hard to hit. Usually takes a couple of tries since neutral is not on center but closer to reverse.

The manuals only detail the neutral lock function in detail and I can find part numbers for the parts but no adjustment details.

Since all the cables on the machine are sticky, I would like to take them off and hang them up to oil them or get new ones.

Over all , the machine is good.

Tags
clutch, workhorse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO