lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2022, 08:20 AM   #1
thenaz007
Not Yet Wild

Default 05 Precedent Amp Draw on hills?

Need new batteries so considering Lithium ion but the 500 amp controller I was eyeing for my hilly conditions seems way out of line for lithium batteries. I specifically have about 200 yards of 70% 20 degree grade, 20% 30 degree grade, and 10% 35 degree grade that I would like to cart 4 people up 6 times a day worst case. I was guessing I would need a new Torque motor and 500 amp controller / HD Solenoid to get this done - looks like this package is 75-80% of the cost of a full blown DC or AC package. I don't need to go fast but it seems penny wise and dollar foolish to save 20% and find out I would like speed (or resale) in the future? I was looking at the Eco Battery 48 / 72ah because this is a campground cart (that won't go far often) and the battery has momentary 500 amp capability...?
thenaz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2022, 10:55 AM   #2
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: 05 Precedent Amp Draw on hills?

If you have 4 people to get up 200 yards of steep hill and you "don't need to go fast" you will certainly need a battery pack with a high enough amp rating to get you up that hill.

200 yards of hill is 0.114 miles. At 5 mph, it will take you 82 seconds to cover that distance. But 5 mph is pretty fast for that steep of a hill.

At 2 mph, it will take you 205 seconds to get up that same hill.

The Eco 48 / 72 pack you are talking about is rated at 150 A continuous, 300 amps for 30 seconds and 600 amps for 3 seconds. For your hill climbing pursuits, you can disregard the 3 second and 30 ratings, because you will not be up that hill within those time frames. So the question really is, will the 150 A continuous rating of the 48 / 72 pack get you up that hill? Is that hill paved, dirt, gravel or grass?

My experience with a heavy cart (2000 lbs) on gravel and grass and on hills not as steep as yours says that 150 amps will not be enough.

Are you (or others) running that same hill with a cart now? How many amps is it taking to climb it?
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car