lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2022, 08:16 AM   #1
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 club car DS how much space between frame rails for lithium conversion?

Hello and thank you for your help,
how big is space between frame rails for battery pack?
can a pack that is 17 5/8" long by 11 7/8" wide by 11 1/2" tall fit between the frame rails? hoping to h
get it working without a welder. thanks for measuring for me my cart is 3 hours away and cant go there yet. thanks!
Ottawaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2022, 08:55 AM   #2
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 95 club car DS how much space between frame rails for lithium conversion?

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=130406 for frame pics....

Post #30 is where I start the RoyPow install...

I'm going a different direction but if your 95 frame is the same as my 94 then the 11.5 is too tall by 1/4-1/2 an inch... unless your willing to do some cutting...

The RoyPow I'm putting in is 18.11 x 13.15 x 9.13 IN, it would install rotated 90 between the rails, but just to see if it can be done I'm putting it in the rear.... will be all bolt in just incase I want go conventional and put it between the rails if my experiment doesn't work out :)
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 09:06 AM   #3
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 95 club car DS how much space between frame rails for lithium conversion?

thanks for the info..already have the pack so need to make it work. is it just a little cutting? or structural peices need to be cut out and replaced? if so would have to tow trailer 6 hours and bring it home and get out the welder... was hoping could stuff it in with just some wood scraps to support it for now since it is a long trailer ride there and back twice at todays gas prices...
Old 05-18-2022, 09:32 AM   #4
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Cardboard template is for the RoyPow....

The angled support in red is 11" to the bottom of the seat on the right and 11 1/2" on the left....
Old 05-18-2022, 09:38 AM   #5
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Just another pic....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2190.jpg (133.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-18-2022, 09:50 AM   #6
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

inside the battery metal case the actual cells only.measure 11 1/2" long 10 3/4" wide and 9 1/2" tall so looks like it will go easy without the metal box.

looks like 11.5" long and 10.75" wide will fit right between the frame rails where the two center GC8 batteries were right?
Old 05-18-2022, 10:08 AM   #7
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

yup that cardboard template is... 18.11 x 13.15 x 9.13 IN, so you should be good to go with some supports of course :)
Old 05-18-2022, 10:20 AM   #8
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

great thanks. now just need to figure out what to cover it with to protect from rain.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car