lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2017, 07:12 PM   #11
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 Yamaha YDRE

Well we dropped the motor to check brushes and overall inspection. The brushes needed a little tlc but everything looked good. Mounted motor back to cart, still same issue. I'm lost.
usagcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2017, 07:40 PM   #12
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As I read through some posts, it seems Yamaha has a lot of throttle issues, most in here are All Traxx controllers, mine is a moric controller.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:12 PM   #13
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

CGTech, to answer your question yes a big delay while coasting there is no pedal response until it almost stops coasting then it jumps to whatever position the throttle is in.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:50 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Not much throttle trouble at all here. Next to check is speed sensor magnet, it will be on the end of the motor, under the white sensor. I'm starting to suspect motor conroller problems.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:38 AM   #15
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok I will check speed sensor magnet, we did the push test and it does give some resistance, also I noticed that as soon as you lean on the cart or go to push it, I hear the solenoid click, I assume that is normal? if the magnet is ok, should I recommend a better or upgraded controller instead of just repairing the moric JW2-H6510-01, it seems a lil slow top end for a 48v cart. I saw were Scotty says don't go over 400amp controller unless customer wants upgraded motor. And thanks a million times over for getting back to us
Old 09-07-2017, 04:56 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I would get away from the Moric & never look back. And I totally agree with the amps limit.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha