lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2017, 04:01 AM   #11
teee
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: g16 yamaha issues when engine gets hot

Can a bad plug wire cause this? Also if I have fuel in my filter can I assume the pump is working fine?

I am at a loss I was thinking i stumbled across something this weekend whenever i pulled the fuse from the stop relay and there was alot of corrosion put new holder in and made no difference.

THX
teee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2017, 02:00 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The plug wire is bonded to the TCI coil and can't be changed separately. So if it's bad, your still right back to the TCI.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:26 PM   #13
teee
Not Yet Wild

Thank you GT I was searching it couldn't find one I guess that's why. Think I will junk the *** thing!
Old 10-04-2017, 06:34 PM   #14
teee
Not Yet Wild

Is there a ground wire on that coil that could be bad and is it easy to get to and visible? My cart is at camp and cant look at it till the weekend.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:15 PM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The ground wire gets grounded to kill spark. So even if the extra wire were not connected, the cart would run.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:10 PM   #16
Chuck E.
Not Yet Wild

Are you possibly getting vapor lock? Is the engine over revving causing overheat and creating a vapor lock condition? I had a similar problem on my '98 DS and a new fuel pump solved the condition except on exceptionally hot days and long rides.
Just another avenue to think about.
Chuck E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:47 PM   #17
teee
Not Yet Wild

So my fuel filter is full and I changed the vapor hose out from the bottom of the fuel pump and still have the issue mentioned above. Can the fuel pump still be bad even though I did these 2 things already? Can there be anything wrong with it that we can not see? the screen on the pump is clear.

Thanks guys
Old 10-06-2017, 03:58 PM   #18
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Just my .02 worth. Get a "dynamic spark tester" (less then 10 bucks at the auto parts store). It plugs onto the spark plug and into the cap. Run the engine till hot and see if you are losing spark. Throwing to many possible problems can make for a hard fix.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:03 PM   #19
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I am on board with Smallblock. With the spark tester you can focus if spark or fuel is the problem. Anytime one of my machines isn't right the spark tester is one of the first go to tools.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #20
teee
Not Yet Wild

the problem I am having now is the same issue it had before I replaced the coil. I did run it with a spark tester on it and when it fluttered and would not move intermittently while pumping the gas I lifted the seat and had no spark cost 200.00 to replace with labor ran for a month here and ether while at camp and now the same thing. The coil was from redhawk.com. I was hoping it wasn't the coil since I just replaced it I looked online for a OEM coil and can not find one. would hate to spend another 200.00 if there is something else causing it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha