lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2017, 08:36 PM   #1
Cpvfly
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 back fired now won't start

A little history. Inherited the cart. It burns oil. I just kept changing the plugs when they fouled, last time it stoped running I changed the plug. Cleaned out the cylinder. Burned out the gas in it, Went to start it. Wouldn't start. Cranks fine. Had spark. Could smelled gas. Maybe flooded. Let it sit a day cleaned out the cylinder. Checked plug. Still good spark. Sprayed starting fluid in airbox. Boom back fire. Blew lid off air box. I gave up. Now I'm reading how critical the seal in airbox is? I'll check again. But looking for any good tips before I give up
Thanks in advance
Cpvfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2017, 09:39 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 back fired now won't start

Air box seal is critical on these but will generally run poorly when it's not sealed properly.. first thing I would start with is checking spark if that's good I'd give carb and good cleaning then a compression test
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:16 PM   #3
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Adjust your butterfly to close all the way when pedal is lifted off to stop backfires.

Are you using the choke? Also use very little pedal to start
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:18 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfherrman View Post
Adjust your butterfly to close all the way when pedal is lifted off to stop backfires.

Are you using the choke? Also use very little pedal to start
Agreed, and if that ain't it, it's time to pull valve cover off & check valve train. This is to happen after a compression test so you could see any major faults. (Low compression? Is that due to a valve train problem, or just super worn out engine). And don't forget to check all the throttle cables, from pedal to carb.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burns oil, good spark, won't start
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha