lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2018, 10:16 AM   #1
cmcdanl
Not Yet Wild

Default Runs fine from stop but takes a while to start moving after a turn

So I picked up a gas ezgo this past weekend and I believe it's a 2001 + cart. As the title states, it runs fine from a complete stop, but if I let off the gas and then press the gas again, it takes about 5 seconds for it to start running and moving again. For example, if I'm coming up to a turn, let off the gas, make the turn and I'm still rolling about 10 mph +/-, press the gas pedal all the way down and it will take about 5 seconds for it to run and start accelerating again. However, if I am driving and let off the gas, press the brake and come to a complete stop, then press the gas, it takes off almost instantly. Is this normal for a gas ezgo cart? I test drove a newer yamaha cart before buying this one and it did not hesitate to go again after letting off the gas. I'm new to golf carts but I'm pretty familiar with engines. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
cmcdanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Runs fine from stop but takes a while to start moving after a turn

Is the engine running or just turning over? Would definitely check the belt.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:28 AM   #3
cmcdanl
Not Yet Wild

when I let off the gas it stops running and coasts. Then press the gas again and it takes about 5 seconds, then it starts running again and starts driving away. It's just a slow reaction. What would I need to look for at the belt? I notice it looks loose when it's not moving. But if I understand correctly, when you give it gas the clutch is supposed to engage and tighten the belt?
cmcdanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #4
guyboy1970
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A loose belt will take longer to engage I believe it what he was saying and you may want to take a look at your clutches also
guyboy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:32 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If the belt is too loose or worn badly it will let the motor spin down while you are coasting, normally the engine would still be spinning if the cart is moving because the driven clutch will be driving the drive clutch. With the cart in N and you push the go pedal does the engine immediately start spinning ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO