lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2018, 08:10 PM   #21
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Suggestion

Gearhead1956, my 43 year old son wanted the cart I did the most work to. He said my 7 year old granddaughter needed it bad. I took her to my shop three times and let her ride it. They just had to have it. As soon as she rode on it a few times the new wore off so I just sold it and they never mentioned it again.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2018, 08:10 PM   #22
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Facebook is good for buying cheap blown up toys. I've never had much luck selling anything there, craigslist has always been best for that. But FB is great for projects.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:15 PM   #23
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well there is the old starting fluid trick

I use it, but most people think I am nuts
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:19 PM   #24
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yeah... I've done it but dont like it. I'd rather wait a day and let the tire guy use a cheetah :) got the paint touched up while it's up on jack stands anyways. Its still ugly, just not "as" ugly. Runs great though. New rod is still in one piece unlike the old one that I found in the bottom of the motor. Cant beat a $300 gator though!
Old 12-30-2018, 08:21 PM   #25
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead1956 View Post
Well there is the old starting fluid trick

I use it, but most people think I am nuts
So have I. Many times. I know it's not safe. I think the last time I used it I tripped as I was running away . Still got up in time to air it up
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:22 PM   #26
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Gearhead1956, my 43 year old son wanted the cart I did the most work to. He said my 7 year old granddaughter needed it bad. I took her to my shop three times and let her ride it. They just had to have it. As soon as she rode on it a few times the new wore off so I just sold it and they never mentioned it again.
LOL, yea that's how my son got this one by saying they needed it to run the grand kids back and forth to the pool. They are both boys and never go to the garage with out wanting to take a ride, so its cool.

That is why I am looking for a txt with a 295. I bought a 350 that's need rebuilt. I want to put a 295 head on it (off the cart I buy) and put it in that cart and take the rebuilt 295 and put it in the one I buy.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:25 PM   #27
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
So have I. Many times. I know it's not safe. I think the last time I used it I tripped as I was running away . Still got up in time to air it up
That made me laugh. Because I have done the exact same thing

That was the last time. I'd rather buy the tire guy lunch than bust my butt tripping over the old tire again
Old 12-30-2018, 08:33 PM   #28
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Yeah... I've done it but dont like it. I'd rather wait a day and let the tire guy use a cheetah :) got the paint touched up while it's up on jack stands anyways. Its still ugly, just not "as" ugly. Runs great though. New rod is still in one piece unlike the old one that I found in the bottom of the motor. Cant beat a $300 gator though!
YEA, that's what im talking about. $300 gives you lots of room to do things and still come out on the deal
Old 12-30-2018, 08:38 PM   #29
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I had someone bring me a cart asking me to see if I could get it to fire.

I told him no but it ended up in my door anyway. Long story

This cart is a 2005 model workhorse and it had the 11 hp robbin MCI engine.

Someone before me took a 1995 9 hp removed from a junked out TXT and installed it. They told me the 11 MCI engine had been stolen. I am not even sure this older engine is good or not.

The person before me had tried to get it to fire using the newer style ignitor and coil that came from the factory. . It's not going to work using that and I don't want to start cutting wires to install the older ignitor and coil.

I think the flywheels were different on MCI vs Pre-MCI and maybe pulser coils? I remember installing a few new MCI engines back years ago in older carts that had the pre-mci and had to change muffler, ignitor, wiring harness and coil I think to make them work

Anyone ever run into a change over like this ? and what is the best way to make it fire without a lot of work. I know I could wire it like the older ones were and probably make it fire but I don't have spare parts laying around. I have thought about trying to locate and 2005 flywheel . Not sure it would work on the pre mci engine or not. I am calling him tomorrow and probably telling him to come get it. I got better things to do with my time than start trying to make things work and not even sure after I did this engine is any good anyway.

The flywheel,pulsar,ignition coil & ignitor are all different on the mci & pre-mci engines and you can't "mix" any of them in any combo and make the cart run that I'm aware of .I know there is a "conversion harness" available to convert from pre-mci to mci but not sure about a plug & play conversion harness for mci to pre-mci.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:38 PM   #30
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
That made me laugh. Because I have done the exact same thing

That was the last time. I'd rather buy the tire guy lunch than bust my butt tripping over the old tire again
I connect my air line to tire, spray both sides and a trail down the floor, hit it with the torch and BOOM! makes the neighbors come running to see what the ---- blew up
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO