lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2021, 12:44 PM   #1
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default FNR switch trouble shooting

I have an 03 CC DS series cart. I had a HD fnr in it but it quit working. I put the old original switch back in and it ran fine, till today. Solenoid will click but no go. Once it tried to jump a little then nothing. Where do I probe with a MM to get readings to make sure its the switch? And what would cause the switch to go bad?
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2021, 11:24 PM   #2
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: FNR switch trouble shooting

My cart moved yesterday, but barely and not far. When I got off cart I smelled an electrical burn smell. Lifted the seat and the FNR switch was smoking. This makes two switches go bad in a short peroid of time. What could be causing this? All connections were tight.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:33 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: FNR switch trouble shooting

Bad connections are causing the overheating and damage to the switch. Could be the cable connections or an internal connection. These series cart FNR switches carry all of the motor current so they have to be in good condition to operate safely. If you want to, you could replace it with two solenoids that are operated with a normal toggle switch.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car