lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Question How loose should the clutch belt be?

I just bought a 1990 CC DS GAS with the flat head motor in it. So I dont know too much about it yet. I was looking at the belt that goes to the clutches and it seems too long to me. I can pull it in and out very easy as it has too much slack in it. When I say pull it i mean than when its in the bottom of the clutch I can grab it and pull it out or closer to the edge of the clutch. I compare the one in my 99 CC DS GAS and it doesnt move at all or barely does. The 90 belt seems thicker or bigger than the 99 belt too. It seemed like it was a dog off the line but its faster than the 99 cart I have on the top end. I know you may need pics and ill get em but how loose should the belt be? If its too loose will I loose bottom end but have great top end? Also the low bottom end may be cause it was cold and in the grass. I need to check that again as I just started it to move it so pay no mind to that yet unless thats part of the issue. It looks all stock with stock tires, dont know if they swapped out gears until I open the diff up.

Last edited by BLACK DEATH; 01-11-2010 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: title
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: How loose should the clutch belt be?

If the belt looks worn might just go on and replace it.
If it's that loose, I would get it up and check the motor mount rubbers, sleaves and bolts.
I had one that had almost cut three of the four steel sleaves in half.
Big difference with take off after the motor was back in place.

When in neutral, check how high in the drive clutch the drive belt is when it starts engaging, You want it low as possible for low end torque.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: How loose should the clutch belt be?

Will check when weather clears. It has the factory belt #1017188 so maybe it stretched. I shall return wen I find out
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car