lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #1
Nudiver
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Starting and Running in FN & R

OK. Already I am tired of switching the little yellow cam to select which gear I want the motor to start and run in. I don't understand why it was set up this way in the first place. My engine is a little on the cold natured side in the first place but runs out fine when it warms up a little. It only makes sense to start it in neutral, warm it up, shift in gear and go about my merry way without having to play musical chairs. My question is this. How do I set the switches to work both ways at the same time. I couldn't find a post on this matter.
Nudiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
Nudiver
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Starting and Running in FN & R

I hear crickets. Is there nothing that can be done?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudiver View Post
I hear crickets. Is there nothing that can be done?
Have you read the postings re a key start option ? Perhaps something along those lines might be a solution to your problem. In the meantime I would be having a thorough check of the air filter box and all its associated connections to the carburettor, spray some WD40 around the intake gasket etc since CC carts are notorious for being finicky starters if any issues surface in those areas.

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

OKAY check this out .... install a toggle switch next to the F&R that will basically make the connection that the F&R micro makes when it starts in neutral OR just pull the micro wires and connect them together?
Have not done this but seems to me that some configuration of this should do what you want
Keep us posted ......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
Nudiver
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I tried jumping the top two wires on the outside microswitch behind the
FNR lever which was an idea that someone gave me since one allows for FR to start and run and one N. It WOULD let me crank the engine in both FR and N after jumping the wires together but it would not start. Still searching.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pics 016.jpg (45.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 02-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I couldn't agree with Chris (Invailid) more right now!!!

I seriously think you have problems with your cart being "Cold Blooded",
You shouldn't try to side-step them, and find an easy fix!

I really think you need to check the things that Invalidsession said FIRST,
and find out WHY it's "Cold Blooded"... fix it... and you won't have to worry about it any more!

But... in the event you don't want to do that, here is a different link that I spelled out pretty clear!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...dle-setup.html

IMO... fix it first... THEN get it to idle if you want!

My 2 cents
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #7
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

I believe the reasoning was so your average 1/2 drunk golfer couldn't start er up in neutral rev er up and slam it in gear...... WHAT????? No I'm sure a golfer would never abuse a cart. LOL
You could hook all wires on safety switch together and it would run in all gears. Wires should be white green black. But Lockman is correct, Cart if adjusted correctly should not be cold blooded
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:19 AM   #8
Nudiver
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ok. Finding out why its such a slow starter when cold is going to be the focus area then. Not knowing the history of the cart nor hours will send me back to basics. It has only ran 5 mins with carb cleaner mixed into a fresh tank of gas. The cart had no air filter when I first bought it and was amazed as to how well it ran after installation of the new one. Found out how important the tuning needed the back pressure on the intake. In fact the air filter cover was not even attached and had allowed so much rain water to enter that the air intake tube coming from the front was full of water. I had to finally drill a small hole in the bottom to allow it to drain and have since resealed it. I am sure it has quite a few hours but doesn't smoke.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:41 AM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Now... your on the right track!!!

It is CRUCIAL that the stock intake system for a Club Car is sealed completely for the engine to run properly!
(no leaks in air hose, filter cover, or carb gaskets)
And, I'm speaking from experience!

again... do what Invaild said, in maintenance mode, at a high idle,
spray the airbox, hose and carb, with WD40 (I use carb cleaner)
and see if the RPM's change, if it does... You've found your leak!

But, if it's had exposure to rain, you may need to pull the carb off,
take it apart, and give it a really good cleaning!

and... a new spark plug wouldn't hurt either! (if you haven't done that yet!)

Keep us posted!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #10
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

I Agree With Lockman. If You Got The Cart And It Shows To Have Not Been Taken Care Of, Bite The Bullet, Pull The Carb And Give It A Good Cleaning. Replace The Pulg, And Fuel Filter And Give Her Or Him Some Fresh Oil. Make Sure The Top And Bottom Are Com[letely Sealed On The Air Box. Mine Has A Isue That It Looks Sealed, But I Have To Pull It Completely Off To Seal The Back Were The Hinge Tabs Are, Or Else It Wont Seal There. I Read In A Previous Posting On Here A Coupl;e Of Weeks Ago, I Think Scotty Said It, Pull The Tube Off The Air Box And Cover Or Seal The End With Your Hand And Try To Satr It, If It Starts You Know Your Tube Is Good. And When You Hook Tit Up, To The Box , Thats Were The Problem Its. I Also Read On Here That The K And N Filters Are No Good In These Engines, Due To They Basiclly Allow To Much Air In To The Engine. But I Have No Issues With My Bone Stock Cart.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car