lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Whats the difference in lift kits for a 90 & 99 CC

I have a 90 & 99 gas CC. I see they list a different kit for each car. I think 93 was when difference was made. Is there really a big difference or is it just one part or two? Reason I ask incase I want to go a different route with each I can put it on the other cart. Should I list this in the lifted cart section. I know instead of asking here I shouldve called em, well Im so busy at work that its hard to call em.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Whats the difference in lift kits for a 90 & 99 CC

According to Jakes lift kit applications the change was made in 97 for gas carts... that is the same year motor rotation changed? You should figure that the kit you buy has got to be for one or the other cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:18 PM   #3
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Your right it is 97, but what does the rotation have to do with the lift? Almost if not all of the suspension looks to be exactly the same to me. Its has to be something minor or am I wrong?
Old 02-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There was a hub change somewhere...... I thought it was later? I dunno, Call Jakes in PA. their staff can tell you and you can tell us
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:27 PM   #5
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The front hub change was 03-04. The difference is the rear, there is a difference in the shock mount to the motor carrying cradle. The fronts are the same.
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Oh, cool... so it may be that I need to order that part/parts if I want to swap it over? Yeah, I should call but its late and work has got me too busy. thank you guys
Old 02-08-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The only difference is the rear shock mount.
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #8
Jake's Golf Carts
Gone Wild

You are right Radical! The only difference is the rear shock on the carts. From 1981-1996.5 Club Car gas models had eye mounts on the bottom of the shocks. In 1996 some carts were made with the eye mount and some with the newer stem mount on the bottom. If your rear shock has on eye mount on the bottom it is the older style. If your rear shock has a stem on the bottom it is the newer style. The older style shocks with the eye mount were mostly only used on gas models. We have only ever had one call with a customer having this style of shock on an electric. Carts with the eye mount require a different rear shock plate. This is the only difference in carts up until 2004.5, which is when you need to check the dust covers on the front hubs.
Jake's Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake's Lift Kits View Post
You are right Radical! The only difference is the rear shock on the carts. From 1981-1996.5 Club Car gas models had eye mounts on the bottom of the shocks. In 1996 some carts were made with the eye mount and some with the newer stem mount on the bottom. If your rear shock has on eye mount on the bottom it is the older style. If your rear shock has a stem on the bottom it is the newer style. The older style shocks with the eye mount were mostly only used on gas models. We have only ever had one call with a customer having this style of shock on an electric. Carts with the eye mount require a different rear shock plate. This is the only difference in carts up until 2004.5, which is when you need to check the dust covers on the front hubs.
Nice
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #10
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Jakes, I just called you guys and the lady said thats the only difference she could see as one is bent and the other is straight.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car