lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2010, 09:55 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Would or could this work for a clockwise motor swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
We want pics!
Ok, Can you clarify? Pics from Black death or Kevin
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #22
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

You guys are crazy. I'm gonna do a little more research with this type of engine. If it doesn't work, I could always put the motor in my 90 CC. Will return wen more info is found to share with the rest of us poat 97, BAST-ARD year CC. There ought to be a sticky here titled "BAST-ARD CC info" ha ha
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
You guys are crazy. I'm gonna do a little more research with this type of engine. If it doesn't work, I could always put the motor in my 90 CC. Will return wen more info is found to share with the rest of us poat 97, BAST-ARD year CC. There ought to be a sticky here titled "BAST-ARD CC info" ha ha
It was a dirty trick, I agree
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #24
4x4wheelin
Not Yet Wild

you guys are looking too far into this, the clutch will work both ways on these machines, so install whatever motor you can find and run with it, the only down side is that it may be faster/slower in one gear then the other. and forward may be reverse and vice versa. i know of atleast 2 guys with a wrong rotation motor in their machine and they work just fine.

any way hope you figure out what you want to do...

4x4
4x4wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #25
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah, its all decisions decisions and of course the all mighty $$$$$$$
Old 03-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #26
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4wheelin View Post
you guys are looking too far into this, the clutch will work both ways on these machines, so install whatever motor you can find and run with it, the only down side is that it may be faster/slower in one gear then the other. and forward may be reverse and vice versa. i know of atleast 2 guys with a wrong rotation motor in their machine and they work just fine.

any way hope you figure out what you want to do...

4x4
I for one would not have listen to the engine buzzing at higher rpms when I
was out for a slow evening cruise.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #27
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

as far as the whole motor swap thing goes. the only limits i can see are: how much room is there under your butt, and can it be done without killing the money tree. I have decided to go the honda clone route, as far as the money tree goes.....i'm going to ask for more allowance. i looked into motors with though shafts...but couldn't find a worthwile one but, i am convince that it is a good answer to club car's brilliant 'clockwise idea'. if i were really serious about a through shaft motors i would be looking at comercial zero turn mowers as donors. (not talking about midnight auto)
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #28
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

So how would one know exactly wich motor is a zero turn motor? What I am saying is I know one from a mower but a new one if i were to buy as I dont see any zero turn mowers just laying around to get the motor from.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:48 AM   #29
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

well, you would have to do some checking. most newer mowers have verticle shafts. some cub cadets have horizontals.... model 2166,2188 with shaft drives. you can tell on craigslist by looking at the pics. most people selling their mowers proudly post at least 1 pic of the motor. i searched for about 2 months and got tired of it. easier to use a ccw motor and buy gears. anything is possible......you just have to find it. i figure now that i have a new ccw motor that i will start seeing lots of ccw motors with through shafts for sale. it's hard because it's usally the motor that gets trashed in a mower. another thing mowers usaully have a lot of hours on them especially if their used for cutting grass as oppossed to dragging a trailer, or moving snow. my cub has about 389 hr.s mowing hours on it. my cub 149 has only 78 hr.s on it's new motor, because it I really only use it to plow my driveway, till my garden, and pull my logsplitter or dump cart around.
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car