lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
mark468
Not Yet Wild

Default Little help

Hello i have a issue with my 92 club car.It has a delay when you hit the gas ,it will click but nothing then about 25 -30 secs later it will go.Now the cart runs perfect beside this issue.Now sometimes it will click and its does nothing while holding pedal down then boom its gone or you can push the pedal down and you can see and hear the mtr but still hesitates.Any ideas?
mark468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
clegg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Little help

I am no expert, but it sounds a lot like the symptoms my old EZ Go exhibited when the clutch was not releasing. The starter did not have the power to make anything spin at all untill the clutch would pop loose.
clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
clegg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Wow, I can't believe there has been no input here from the pro's. Must be a slow night.
clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Hey I'm no pro but will try to help.
Mark, Make sure you have a fully charged battery, check each end of both battery cables for corrosion or loose lugs,
Even if they look good, give a good tug on them. A voltage check will show 12V on a corroded cable but the corrosion could choke the amps down to cause this problem.
Also if all checks out, you will need to check the brushes in your starter/generator for wear, If you need to replace them I would suggest you pull and clean the armature or have a shop do it so you can reassemble it knowing it is right and not look back.
Keep us posted on your findings..
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #5
mark468
Not Yet Wild

Thanks i will check the cables and go from there.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
mark468
Not Yet Wild

update found some loose wire and made the connection ,but now the motor will start but cart wont move then bam it takes off?Last night charge the batt and it work better this morning could my battery be bad?last night on volt meter 11 at the battery,oh and The yellow wire and the big cable right above that on starter i moved them around and the cart took off but the bigger cable was pretty hot.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car