lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #11
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: I'm a little shocked!....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
Ok, disconnected pos. and neg. batts., ....But I do have a short somewhere, when I put v-meter on any pos. batt. post and the blk on the cart ir reads 50v. How are my batts. makeing contact with the chasis. Thank youl.

So if I read this right when you have the main pack positive and negative cables disconnected you are still getting 50v from the pack to the chassis?

Are there still other cables or wires attached to the pack? Lights, stereo, charge circuit, etc.?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #12
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

No,
I have nothing disconnected, but when I put test main +post against any mental on the cart with the black it reads 50v. Maybe it supposed to do that(?), but what the heck is shocking me. I finally just disconnected + & -main posts, to continue to work...everthing is back together and working,...just wondering if I'm loseing voltage somewhere.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:46 PM   #13
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

BRS the condition you are describing is the exact reason why we never ground to the frame on a sparky cart. My E-Z-Go reacts the same way, I get 48v or more from the pack to the frame. I cannot explain it, I just respect it and work around it.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:35 AM   #14
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

If you are getting voltage readings you have a short are battery water getting between the battery and frame some place.
My 72 volt mud buggie will not shock you at all when working on it unless I do something stupid...which by the way is about everytime I work on it!!!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

andy, do you think that might have done anything to the controller?....................................... ....
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:24 PM   #16
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

I'll be the first to admit I know very little on these things. Most of what I have learned is from the boards I'm on. Nate has been a big help to me along with other's.
I haven't ever had a controller get hit by a spark or surge YET!
I have blown holes in motor's I have slung motor's apart I have even got a battery on the mud buggie with a hole in the top of it. Don't ask! I have never seen a controller take it before except for someone putting the wheels against a wall and seeing how long it would take to turn the wheels.
That being said it 's not likely but it could happen. It's electric so it's very possible.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:19 PM   #17
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

It's not the controller,...I think all my wireing should be redone. My cart has been thru alot of $hit. I started fixing her up from the outside in! I don't know why I get shocked but it has always been that way...my real concern is what I'm loseing in volts or could the shock be from the after the batts. were fed. I don't know. Thanks for all the help.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:18 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You need to determine if your batteries are wet outside and transferring the charge to the body. can you get a voltage reading off of the cases? Are they wet? You should be able to determine if it is POS or NEG current getting to the cart with your meter. Start chasing it from the battery main and disconnect feeds one at a time and retest each one. You've got a short, you don't have to live with it - find it. What about the F/R switch base? Let us know what you find....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #19
napalaz
Gone Wild

Do you have a radio on the cart and if you do were is the antena remember the antena usualy uses the vehicles body as ground but you should treat it as a short on a car and test all cables at fuse box.
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #20
Nate
Gone Wild

If the voltmeter's black lead is on the frame and the red lead is on the pack's main positive is this where you read 50 volts? If you move the meter’s red lead to pack negative do you get a negative reading on the meter? Leave the black lead on the frame.

Remember a voltage potential does not mean current flow. If you have a battery sitting on the floor with nothing connected to it and you put a meter lead on each terminal you will read the batteries voltage and you know there is no current flowing.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car