lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2010, 08:46 AM   #11
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Accelerator Problem

Which cable are you adjusting Jason ? It sounds as though you may have a partially open throttle which would cause the symptoms you describe. Check that the carb butterfly is closing fully first and adjust the cable as required. This just sounds as though you have something out of synch.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #12
firetamr
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

[QUOTE=invalidsession;448749]Which cable are you adjusting Jason ? It sounds as though you may have a partially open throttle which would cause the symptoms you describe. Check that the carb butterfly is closing fully first and adjust the cable as required. This just sounds as though you have something out of synch.

Chris.

The only cable I have adjuted is the accelerator cable when I intalled it. I just checked the butterfly and it is indeed fully closing. I have tried to adjust the accelerator cable in both directions in very small increments. When moved, it adjusts the speed of the cart but it still jumps on start and stops hard. The only other thing I have done to the cart was chage the drive belt with a new one, could this have anything to do with it? As I said before, the cart runs perfectly speed and power wise, the only problem is with starting and stopping.

Jason
firetamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #13
firetamr
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Chris,

I have tried everything I know to do and read about every post even remotely close to the problem I'm experiencing. I guess the best way I know to describe the current problem is the cart does not have an idle anymore as it did before I changed the cable and belt. Before the cart would crank and idle when you first pushed the pedal. Now the cart starts and goes at the same time, so it jumps forward and in the position the idle would normally be, the cart is slowly creeping along. Everything on the governor side looks ok and had not been modified by me at least, not sure if someone played with it before I got the cart, but it does not appear to be tampered with. At this point I am clueless as to what the problem could be. The only thing I can think of would be the drive belt and whether or not the clutch and belt is supposed to be spinning when the cart first cranks? Jason
Old 08-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #14
vzdude
Gone Wild

Make sure the clutch is fully disengaging. That is the only other thing besides a belt that is too short causing the issue. It doesn't sound like a carb/accelerator issue. It sounds as if the belt is too tight on the clutches not allowing it to slip as designed. At low RPM the clutch should not engage, it should only take a few more RPM for the clutch to start to engage the belt. With the cart in neutral, will the rear clutch spin the belt on the front ( engine ) clutch ? Or does the front clutch spin with it?
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #15
firetamr
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Chris & vzdude,

First off all thanks for the input and the patience with me as I am a newbie to this stuff. I finally solved the problem.....

vzdude you were correct!!!! I took the new belt off and put the old belt back on and whalaa the cart worked perfectly other than major clucth noise because the old belt has a hugh hunk missing and I asume this causes the clutch to spin out of balance and therefore make alot of noise.
I then checked the numbers and compared the old belt with the new belt and it appeared to be same size and every cart parts place listed it as the correct belt. I then put the new belt back on the cart but this time I spun it around and no, I didn't have it inside out, just turned it around the so the numbers were on the inside towards the enigine instead of on the outside facing the tires. which I did not pay attention to when installing it the first time. Now it works perfectly. I don't know how or why but maybe the belt is directional? If it is not directional, I have no explanation as to why it wouldn't work properly the first time but does now. I hope this helps some one in the future and many thanks to you guys for your help. I am a very happy man now that my cart works correctly!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #16
vzdude
Gone Wild

I am guessing you may have a sticky drive clutch. It may not be disengaging all the way. Unfortunately there is no way to lube it, but some new buttons and weights may be in the future........good luck and glad it is better!

Andy
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car