lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #11
mortimer
Getting Wild

Default Re: Running issues

Ok, have cleaned the crap out of this carb. I soaked and sprayed cleaner until I noticed cleaner coming out somewhere other than the hole I was going in. Once it got fuel it started right up. At first, a bit rough on throttle responce and when the unclamped air expansion chamber vibrated off, I kept it running pretty good with my hand as a choke. Clamped that tight and tried again. Choke started right up and ran decent although I noticed it ran perfect when choke was fully pressed. Just because it seemed to run a bit better using my hand the first try. Great responce and idled perfect. Adjusted pilot to best idle which wasn't much. Now, the only issue is a second of bogging down when instantly floored, before it pickes up. Heck of a lot better but still a small issue.

The large end of the expansion chamber hose is a tad loose and I still have a small hole there in that hose. Tried pinching it to close that hole but no different. Need to get a large clamp for that hose but I still don't know if that will help.

Last edited by mortimer; 11-20-2010 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: forgot something
mortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #12
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Get that intake system sealed up. It's pointless posting about running issues if the design parameters are out of whack. Sounds as though you are close though Mortimer. That "bogging" issue is a fuel air ratio problem. either the main jet is not passing fuel like it should or you have an air leak somewhere.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #13
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Keep some sea foam in the gas tank and run it
for a while it may finish cleaning out.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:23 AM   #14
mortimer
Getting Wild

I have sealed all holes, used new clamps on the hose to the expansion box. Removing those crimped clamps. Checked as much as I could for any air leaks. Tried starting it again and it took a minute for it to start but after that first start it was fairly easy. Still have a second of bogging when flooring it. I adjusted the pilot all the way in and out to try and get rid of that. All the way in seems to bog the least. But after the correct adjustment It is still there but less noticable than before sealing everything.

I'll try the sea foam just in case.
mortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car