lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default new donor motor for club car.

finally got out to south bend and picked up my donor motor: 12 hp onan motor with ohv, and a shaft on the flywheel side. donor was a cub cadet 2130 garden tractor. motor has a 15 amp charging circuit, and lots of torque, and is designed to run at 4000rpm all day. should be pretty bullet proof. cost: $200.00. motor for cart, second mowing deck, and various other parts for my other cub. the rest: scrap.
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2010, 06:28 AM   #2
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: new donor motor for club car.

hey is that the same hyro-statitic rear axle/trans set up as the 1720 uses? or is it to big? i need a trans for one. its a one peice desighn.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

sorry its not a "golf cart" need!
Old 12-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
hey is that the same hyro-statitic rear axle/trans set up as the 1720 uses? or is it to big? i need a trans for one. its a one peice desighn.
not sure, but i think the 1720 cub cadet has a vert. motor the 2130 has a horizontal with a drive shaft off of the flywheel, and the pto runs the deck. anyway the hydro trans. is trash. that's why the mower became a donor....that and all of the duct tape holding everything else together. motor is really strong though.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandrew View Post
not sure, but i think the 1720 cub cadet has a vert. motor the 2130 has a horizontal with a drive shaft off of the flywheel, and the pto runs the deck. anyway the hydro trans. is trash. that's why the mower became a donor....that and all of the duct tape holding everything else together. motor is really strong though.
yup its a vet enginge that belt driven. been looking for a while. will find one that good and cheap!
Old 12-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
yup its a vet enginge that belt driven. been looking for a while. will find one that good and cheap!
why not get another mower off of craigslist. i've seen a lot of cub 1450 wich are much nicer than any of the cub vert. mowers for 400.00-600.00. you might be happier with something like that instead of looking for a transaxel, and busting your knuckles swapping it out.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #7
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandrew View Post
why not get another mower off of craigslist. i've seen a lot of cub 1450 wich are much nicer than any of the cub vert. mowers for 400.00-600.00. you might be happier with something like that instead of looking for a transaxel, and busting your knuckles swapping it out.
or get this one:http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/grd/2059089448.html
Old 12-25-2010, 01:15 PM   #8
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

So we gona do the CW engine swap to see if it will work? Im trying to get an opposed twin griggs for this swap for $150
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:39 PM   #9
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

no worries kevin and drew!(kevin andrew i know!) just got on from a friend at work yesterday. got a few months to swap them over and send old sparky packing!
the mower is my dads and he loves it for some reason, that and his craftsman i have to keep repairng. i call it my job security! 1. acres of trees and he needs a zero turn, but will keep buying riding mowers and killing them! must be nice!
Old 12-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #10
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
So we gona do the CW engine swap to see if it will work? Im trying to get an opposed twin griggs for this swap for $150
yeah, yeah. it's been a long and slow process. work and uncertantiy have been slowing me down. i have to dig my club car out from under the mountain of sh.t that our son burried it under in the garage. motor is out of the tractor. everything is harder below freezing. i'm going to have to make a shaft for the flywheel side for the clutch. also, thinking that i'm going to have to do a little suspension lift in the back so the motor will stuff in under the seat. all in all it looks like it will be a better motor for the cart than the clone motor, which may go to live on my troybilt rototiller. pic.s as soon as a get my atc together.

Tags
motor swap
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car