lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
ricky b
Not Yet Wild

Default Controller ???

Ok guys want to say this is a great forum and as you can see I'm new here. I have read and heard about chips that came in the PDS carts. Last night I took out the four bolts and the nut on the toggle switch but I couldn't get the cover off my controller. Now I was gentle with it and I can pry it off with a screwdriver. Lets say I get the cover off were do I look for to see If I have a chip in mine. How will I know which chip it is. ITs a 2003 txt PDS cart. Thanks for the info Rick
ricky b is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Controller ???

Here's some info on the speed chips

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can put the toggle nut back on it has enough wire to allow removal while still plugged in ... remove the bolts and just pop it off, your's must be virgin
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
ricky b
Not Yet Wild

Scotty how did you know I was a virgin. Oh the battery charger came in today.

Now lets see if I understand what I'm going to do today with a six pack of beer. Pull the cover off the controller and yes leave the toggle nut on this time. (I even tore the rubber by trying to take it off that really gets my goat) Look to see If I have a chip that plugs into the J2 spot. If I do I can jump it by the pictures below. If I don't have a chip I will need to get one. Is this about right.

When you jump to the figuration's shown in the picture what do you use to connect the wires in the J2 connection
Old 03-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That sounds right. Don't forget when you remove the original charger receptacle you will need to reconnect the small red wire to battery pack Positive to make the cart run.... And flip that tow switch to TOW before doing any electrical work. If you have a problem, you have my email. cartsunlimited@hughes.net Scotty
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
ricky b
Not Yet Wild

OK I got the cover off the controller and I have no wires coming out of the J2 plug so I guess I have the all Terrain chip.
Now the controller says it's a Curtis PMC P/N 73326G05 and S/n P006569A

Since I bought this cart use do you think the controller is stock? Thanks Rick
Old 03-25-2011, 11:23 PM   #7
ricky b
Not Yet Wild

Got my inboard charger in and hook up. Now I got this cart two weeks ago and the guy said the batteries were dead. Do not how long they were dead but finally figured out the power wise charger was bad. Ordered a charger from Scottyb and hooked it up today. After charger went to conditioning I drove the cart for 14 miles before it started going down. I think with 14 miles I can at least play a round of golf. The batteries are Trojan 605 and the date says there 2007. Maybe I can get a couple of years out of them.

A note about Scottyb. We are lucky to have him on this Forum. Great guy to do business with and he has help me a bunch with this cart. But I guess you guys already know that. Rick
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO