lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
honkytonk13
Not Yet Wild

Default wont run on low rpm

i figured out the no vacum was the line was bad at the motor,now when i start it up it takes about 1-2 minutes before it will take the gas an go on,i cleaned the carb,put in new plug,and it is getting good gas flow,its almost like its flooding but its not,i even set the float down a little,still made no diff.
honkytonk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: wont run on low rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkytonk13 View Post
i figured out the no vacum was the line was bad at the motor,now when i start it up it takes about 1-2 minutes before it will take the gas an go on,i cleaned the carb,put in new plug,and it is getting good gas flow,its almost like its flooding but its not,i even set the float down a little,still made no diff.
Does it snap, crackle or pop when you try to start it ? Hot / cold make any difference ? Choke alter anything ? How does it run when it finally gets going ? Re-starts ok when warmed up ? You get the idea; you can't get a definitive answer from a vague question. There are to many variables.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
honkytonk13
Not Yet Wild

Well no it doesnt make any difference where it is hot or cold it is hard to start. you can hold you hand over the back of the carburator and it is not pulling no gas on your hand but yet it is getting gas cause the bowl is always full when you take it off. It does making a little poping noise right before it starts but when it gets going it runs good from mid to high rpm we have had the carburator cleaned out and the fuel pump is working good.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #4
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure and take jets out and blow out carb good or your problem may continue. What year is cart? Which engine? I have seen these carbs do what your saying because customers brought them in and said no need to clean carb I have already done that! LOL cannot just pull bowl and say its clean. Not saying you just explaining that we go behind customers all the time and find this to be true. Re-check and let us know.
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
honkytonk13
Not Yet Wild

pulled the carb,cleaned everthing with parts cleaner an starting fluid then air hosed it,removed all jets and cleaned them,made sure all ports were clean and still the same thing,the guy i bought it from said it has new top end rebuild but it has allways done this.also it has good compression,when u start it it takes about 2 minutes wide open,then it will finally build up rpm an take off,it runs good from mid to high rpm,but it does this ever time,hot or cold.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

its just possible the carb is plain worn out and no amount of cleaning is going to help............can you get your hands on one to swap out and see if it works..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
honkytonk13
Not Yet Wild

yep,i think your right,thanks man.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

let us know if it works or not...........by the way for the heck of it have you done a compression test?................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
honkytonk13
Not Yet Wild

i have not run a compression check yet but the guy i bought it from had not run it 2 hours since the top end had been done-rings piston an gaskets,but i know i should put a guage on it.thanks everbody for your help and i will let you know the outcome.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #10
crash12888
Gone Crazy

You might want to let everyone know you are working on a Yamaha G1 and go back to your other post and tell everyone you fixed your fuel problem champ.
And then start posting in the Yamaha section.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...fuel-pump.html
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car