lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2011, 04:21 AM   #1
kwaka636
Not Yet Wild

Default Getting primary clutch apart?

I am new to all this and am trying to learn as I go about these carts. I am doing up a club car DS and have the motor out at the moment as I put some new rings in it because it was a little smokey. While the engine is out I managed to get the clutch off but want to get it apart to change the stall spring and can't. Is there a trick to getting it apart so I can change the spring? Any help would be good as it is getting closer to christmas and we wanted to have it going by then.

Thanks in advance for any help.
kwaka636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Syd Barrett
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Getting primary clutch apart?

Not sure what part you're stuck on but there is a sticky at the top of this forum that has a clutch diagram..........check the "Club car gas diagram" for the year that pertains to your car. I have an 88 & just rebuilt mine. To get it apart you can rent a hub puller from Oreilly's. The clutch cover has 3 threaded holes that you screw bolts into through the puller, then walk it off with a big bolt. I didn't go beyond that because my spring seems fine, but you may have to get that cover off to disassemble the rest of the clutch. I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on that.

If you do this make sure you make a "line up" mark on both sides of the clutch since you have the clutch off the engine shaft. It needs to go back together the same way it came apart............just something I read.
Syd Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, clutch problems
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car