lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
mkroger24
Not Yet Wild

Question 96 Club Car starts & dies til warmed up

Coming out of winter this year, my 1996 club car takes about 5 minutes to warm up before it runs for the day. It cranks a few seconds, starts for 2 seconds, then dies. As I keep doing this it runs a few more seconds each time until finally it runs about 10 seconds and dies, then it finally keeps running constantly. I should say that I lift the seat and turn "that knob" that "unhooks/turns off" the transmission before I do the warm-up procedure. After this initial warm up it's off and running the whole rest of the day. Any advice would be welcome.
mkroger24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 96 Club Car starts & dies til warmed up

You may have some crud in the carb after siting all winter and the idle, slow speed jets are clogged.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
mkroger24
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your reply!! What would you suggest---I haven't looked at the Carb on it...---drain the bowl and maybe squirt some carb cleaner into it via the air filter , or something more involved like taking it off and cleaning the whole thing. I've never done that before and it may be out of my league. I've done simple lawn mower engine disassembly and reassembly before, but nothing on a cart like this. How "tough" would it be to pull the carb?
mkroger24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroger24 View Post
Thanks for your reply!! What would you suggest---I haven't looked at the Carb on it...---drain the bowl and maybe squirt some carb cleaner into it via the air filter , or something more involved like taking it off and cleaning the whole thing. I've never done that before and it may be out of my league. I've done simple lawn mower engine disassembly and reassembly before, but nothing on a cart like this. How "tough" would it be to pull the carb?
Taking it off is fiddly but well worth it. Remove ALL the jets and soak them in Carb cleaner over night. I soak them in the carb bowl to remove the crud from it as well).. Squirt the carb cleaner through all the jet holes in the carb body and GENTLY clean out the jets with torch tip cleaners. Squirt them clean with carb cleaner and then blow them through with compressed air.
It sounds tougher than it really is but in reality it's pretty simple provided you take your time. When you are done and reassembled add some Seafoam to the tank to finish the job. You will pleased you did it yourself and you will have saved some serious coin from the dealer.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:54 AM   #5
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastercarter View Post
Taking it off is fiddly but well worth it. Remove ALL the jets and soak them in Carb cleaner over night. I soak them in the carb bowl to remove the crud from it as well).. Squirt the carb cleaner through all the jet holes in the carb body and GENTLY clean out the jets with torch tip cleaners. Squirt them clean with carb cleaner and then blow them through with compressed air.
It sounds tougher than it really is but in reality it's pretty simple provided you take your time. When you are done and reassembled add some Seafoam to the tank to finish the job. You will pleased you did it yourself and you will have saved some serious coin from the dealer.

FC
What the hell is fiddly? You been drinking again Faster
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's BoneCracker View Post
What the hell is fiddly? You been drinking again Faster

FC
Old 04-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I understood it, But I'm old....er!
Fiddly = PIA (at least that's what I think it is!)

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:20 AM   #8
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post

WOW Thanks for clearing that up Lockman!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post

Fiddly = a little tricky, nimble fingers required. I still use the old country vernacular. Sorry , I'll try harder

FC
Old 04-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastercarter View Post
Fiddly = a little tricky, nimble fingers required. I still use the old country vernacular. Sorry , I'll try harder

FC
Wow glad we got that cleared up!!! You mean hairy!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car